April 2012 Weddings

hi april 2012 brides!

so I know some of you are way ahead of me lol with planning buuut I wanted to know when do I go and book my florist?  Everyone keeps saying to me, "waaaat you don't have your flowers picked yet!!!" and I"m like, okay I didn't know it is such a big deal. haha.  So what is the timeline for it?

I have DJ booked, Venue, photographer on the way, so next is flowers?

Re: hi april 2012 brides!

• psh, you don't need flowers yet.  I went 2 weeks ago to talk to florists, and some told me that they wouldn't even talk to me until my bridesmaids had bought their dresses, so that the colors were definitely set.  That said, you could start now if you wanted.  But you aren't behind at all!

If you have the venue, photographer, and DJ, I'd say the next steps are dress shopping an officiant for the ceremony, and flowers.  And maybe save-the dates.

• I would recommend checking out the timeline checklist on the knot.  We are actually at the time (9-11months) to start looking at them.  My favorite is booked for consultsfor a month already.  Remember, its high season for weddings.  Their time is limited.  The sooner you get in, the better.
  • I agree I dont think youre way behind but April is the start of the busy wedding months so I do suggest booking all your locations and vendors as soon as you can from this point to ensure they are available for you on your day. I dont have my flowers totally picked yet but ive been looking at picks and what not. Im also with PP that you shouldnt pick flowers till you have picked BM dresses as you want to make sure that the flowers they are going to carry will match properly. Good luck and I cant wait to see what you come up with.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Exactly what MDPHD said. The florist won't even meet with me until the girls' dresses are picked out!
    {darcie}
    save the date

April 2012 June Siggy Challenge: Then and Now!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_hi-april-2012-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:34ceea17-8fff-4fee-a0e4-4365686756fdPost:6022b20c-aa12-49e4-b81f-2ba7302f3fed">Re: hi april 2012 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]psh, you don't need flowers yet.  I went 2 weeks ago to talk to florists, and some told me that <strong>they wouldn't even talk to me until my bridesmaids had bought their dresses,</strong> so that the colors were definitely set.  That said, you could start now if you wanted.  But you aren't behind at all! If you have the venue, photographer, and DJ, I'd say the next steps are dress shopping an officiant for the ceremony, and flowers.  And maybe save-the dates.
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds really unprofessional and likely to turn people away, especially since BMs don't get their dresses til a few months before the wedding, typically. You'd think they'd be open to at least some basic discussion with brides for budgeting reasons. You should be able to discuss your main ideas, price range, etc so that you get a feel for how much everything will cost, and better to find out sooner rather than later that your dream bouquet is way more than you thought. </div><div>
    </div><div>We went to talk to a florist back in January (when we were in town-FIs hometown) and got some basic numbers. It was very helpful knowing about how much to budget for regarding flowers. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • It feels so overwhelming sometimes, the amount of stuff that we have to do, but I don't think you're way behind at all!  I went about a 2 months ago to my florist just to check it out and they were all "woah, you've got soo much time to go, come back in a few months".  I am going to go back in the next month though because I need to get some costs so I can set my budget.  I'm not going to firm anything up yet though - I know that my tastes will change over the next year for sure.  I've been saving pictures on my computer for the past few months of what I like and it changes every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards