Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Breast Augmentation before Wedding

Hello ladies! So I've had this surgery planned and paid for before I got engaged. I obviously want to proceed with the surgery but hesitant. I just want to be sure they look normal. My surgery is in March and wedding is in November. Thoughts and advice please. Thanks!

Re: Breast Augmentation before Wedding

• That sounds like you would have plenty of time to recover and any swelling to go down.

How many sizes difference will there be? Even though it would be cutting it close, you may need to purchase a dress after the surgery to ensure a proper fit. They can take 5 months or more to come in, and you'll want to have time for alterations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That should be enough time to recover and look normal. Dress shopping may be a little complicated though, as they will be up at your collar bones like torpedos for a couple months. You'll probably have to wait until 3 months post op to start shopping.

Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Feel free to private message me if you want.  I had surgery two summers ago for reconstructive purposes, but much of the surgery was the same as you will have.  It's still all fresh enough in my head to give you the details of a realistic recovery.  While I think you will be just fine by wedding day, you're body will be quite different and you will have to learn how to dress it differently so you really need to hold off dress shopping until after your recovered which could really be pushing it for a November wedding.  Do you know what size you are going for?  Even when you have a specific size in mind, you never know the EXACT size you will be until months after the surgery.  Also keep in mind that you will be rather sore for the couple of weeks post surgery (as in any movement in your chest is bothersome so you will want to keep everything straped down really well and more than likely won't have full range of motion in your arms (I had trouble raising my arms all the way up for a good month).  These issues will make trying on dresses a bit inconveinient.  I promise I'm not trying to be a downer because I believe if this is something you really want, you should go for it...BUT I want you to have a realistic idea of recovery.  It isn't a quick fix.  Good luck!!!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    That's plenty of time. I had mine done many years ago and was "normal" (swelling gone, dropped into place) in a few weeks. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It really depends on how much you are planning to change your size. My dress laces up the back and I ordered it prior to my surgery. Still fits. So do most of my clothes - went from a small A to a D. But I am a little person (small frame).
  • I have implants. I went from an A to a D, they started looking more natural around the 6 month mark. The thing about implants is that you get more volume at the top of the breast than you do with natural breasts, so clothes fit different. One word of warning though, I experienced something totally unexpected in the weeks after the surgery...I couldn't stop crying!! I had trouble with my body changing (even for the better). I have no regrets, but it was confusing to be so emotional about it all of the sudden. It will pass :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards