Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Vendor reviews 10/9/09

I always liked to look at these so I hope it helps someone out there!Hair: The Hairport, grandville MI- A+ We used it because it was super close to our ceremony site and my friend had been there before for updos, they let us bring in mimosas, and made sure there were enough people there to do all of our hair at the same time. We brought in pictures and they did everybody's hair just perfectly!Bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, Bride's dress, alterations, jewelry: September's Bride, Holland MI: C  So everything was fine with my dress, they ordered it correctly, it came in on time, and the alterations were perfect. BUT my mom ordered her dress there, it didn't come in until a week before the wedding (about a month late) and it was the wrong dress! So they re ordered it and it came in a few days before, they hurried on the alterations and didn't charge us. My mom's jewlery from MEG they assured us would be in on time, the bracelet never came in, so the day of my wedding they just gave her another one that kind of matched. They died her gloves gold, when they were supposed to be champagne, so she didn't even get to wear them. The bridesmaid dresses came in in the wrong color, and all along they compared the color to a chocolate brown, but when the dresses came in, they were a bronze. i was so upset and all they said to me was "this is what you ordered" they never offered to help or to fix it. Sp, finally we had to reorder and it cost extra because we had to rush them and thats when they told me it was a special order with a special fabric to get it the color of the one they had been showing me. They didn't offer any discounts or to waive the rush fee. It was their fault they told me the color would look like something different. They were nice, but a little unorganized and only accommodating when they want to be. They said they couldn't rush order a dress, but when they got the wrong dress in for my mom, all the sudden they could rush it. And the jewelry was supposed to take 3 months to come in, but when my mom wanted to order jewlery from the lady and it was 2 weeks before the wedding, all the sudden it only took 2 weeks to get in the jewelry. Then with the Tuxes, they were going to let me get chocolate bown tuxes with the bronze dresses (I didn't know the dresses were going to be bronze), they paid no attention to the colors and they should know what different colors look like and what I ordered. very inconsistent.Makeup: MAC counter A+ Awesome! Even though they wear crazy makeup, they will do whatever you want and they know what brides like to look like.Rings: DeVries Jewelers, grand Rapids MI A+ Our friend works here and gave us a small discount but it was so nice to use a local company! The rings are perfect :)Photographer: Chad Bosma B+ He was about an hour late because he went to the wrong place (he went to the next night's wedding), but overall he was very nice, had great ideas and took A LOT of cool pictures. Very affordable and he just gives you the copyrights to all of the pictures.Reception: Amway Grand Plaza Grand Rapids, MI A+ most gorgeous place I have ever seen. Everybody is so accommodating and Jennifer May is awesome! She walked us through everything, and was good at e mailing and calling me back. They made it gorgeous and so perfect.DJ: Moments In Time Grand Rapids MI A+ The DJ was awesome! He played awesome music, the dancefloor was PACKED the whole night! We had to kick people out at the end! I think it was Nate? who was our DJ, and he was cool and got with us with any questions the night of and did a great job. Loved them!Limo: Crystal Limo Grand Rapids MI, A+ We had the hot pink hummer and our driver was great, he knew where everything was downtown that we wanted to stop at, they were actually an hour early, so I didn't have to worry at all.Flowers: Maggie Jones, Jones Floral Belding, MI A+ She is a family friend, but she does a lot of weddings. She works with brides on a busget and does a really great job. She has been doing it for a long time. She's great!

Re: Vendor reviews 10/9/09

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, I forgot about my chaircover people- special occassions, Penny in Rockford A+ She was so nice, most affordable, and even though I changed my numbers a few times she was so nice and they were right on time to put up and take down :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    random i know but did you wear casablanca 1927 if so can you post a picture of ur dress or email me i would really love to see it. i was considering having mine custom done would love to see a pic. glad everything went well for you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As soon as I get my pictures back from the photographer I will definately post it and let you know! Mine was custom colored- I got champagne on the top and ivory for the rest of the dress (no champagne on the bottom).
  • Options
    shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which MAC counter did you go to? Did you all go to the MAC counter or did you get one of the sales reps to come to you? I'm having a Sunday wedding and I'm having a hard time finding people to do hair and make up. 
  • Options
    shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also does your florist have a website? 
  • Options
    1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work with Jennifer May for my work event in the fall.  Isn't she just the best?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards