California-Los Angeles

QOTD

How often do you take time to do something just for you?  (like go get a massage or manicure)
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well not that kind of stuff, but I guess mine would be shopping and nowadays I can't do much of it.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to do those things allllllllllll the time.  Since getting married and then being pregnant I haven't done it at all.  I have a great massage gift certificate I got from my bridal shower I still haven't used and DH just got me and my BFF an all day massage/facial/manicure gift card to use that I haven't used - but I'm actually planning on waited until after the baby so I can fully enjoy that one.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I get my fingernails done every other week. Massage, on average, every other week. Once a month I get a facial. Pedicure, about once a month. At home, I try to give myself a DIY facial once a week, but sometimes I forget.

About once every 3-4 months, I go do a full spa day. I usually take someone with me, which makes for great girl time. FSIL went with me last time, and she was hesitant at first about how long she would stay, since she's so used to never relaxing. Hours later, we're still by the pool, and her H is calling me wondering where his wife is lol. It was a great day.
  • edited December 2011
    I get a pedicure once a month, and sometimes get my nails done at that time, too, but not always. I don't have much patience for manicures and I always smudge or chip the polish on the first day, so I only get one if it's for a special occasion.

Leading up to my wedding, I got facials once a month. It was great- I noticed my skin looked so much more beautiful. But now it's something I have cut out to save money, sadly. I would love to get back in that routine.

I get my haircut every 6 weeks, and my eyebrows done every month.

No regular massages- I wish! The only times I have gotten a prof. massage is when I've gotten a gift certificate. I would love to incorprate those into my routine someday, though!

• edited December 2011

Now that I have lots of bills, and I am poor, I can't afford to do that stuff anymore.  I give myelf at-home mani and pedis.  Oh and I get my hair did every other month.  But I do go to the gym (almost) everyday, and I love taking that time to do something good for myself. 

PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards