Ohio-Columbus
Options

Hair and Makeup

HI Brides,

I'm looking for a hair and makeup that will come to me either in German Villiage or at a downtown hotel. I'm hoping to go about $50 for hair and $50 for makeup (or less if possible). I can go more as I know it is hard to go that low.  I have 6 bridesmaids that I will be paying for their hair and giving them the choice on makeup. I've heard great things about Amy Zender, does anyone have any reviews or thoughts?

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Hair and Makeup

• Options
    Hi, For makeup, I used Joy Macke with State of Face. She charged 50 for airbrush makeup. It turned out great and she was professional and fun. She came to us at the Hyatt downtown with no problem. For hair, I used Tracey Miranda from the Macys Premier Salon at Easton. Again, she came to us and did a great job on me and my 8 bridesmaids...and it was under 50. I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    I second Joy Macke...she is absolutely fabulous!  She is super fun and my makeup looked great!I used Michelle Wingfield with Salon Lofts at Mill Run.  She came to my house for hair and did my hair as well as my two bridesmaids and mother in law.  She did a great job.  I believe it was $50 for me and each bridesmaid and $30 for my mother in law.
  • Options
    Haley Hanawalt was amazing for makeup!
  • Options
    Does you know if Joy Macke charges for a trial run? If so, how much is that?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If I remember right,  Joy Macke charges $50 for a makeup trial.  I didn't do the trial, because I trusted her and had seen her portfolio on her website.  The week of my wedding I emailed her and told her what look I was going for (Barbie meets Beyonce..lol)...and she made it happen better than I could have imagined.  
  • Options
    Joy does charge $50 for a trial...
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I had my trial with Joy today, and it's 60. She must have raised her prices a little because wedding day is 100 for the bride. She's worth it though, I love my makeup!
    Edit to add link http://www.ineedamakeupfix.blogspot.com/
    Prices are at the bottom of the page.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll chck these suggestions out!
  • Options
    I had Wedding Hair of Ohio come to the hotel and do my hair, my bm's, mom and mil.  Nancy was fantastic.  Lindsay from Cheeks by Lindsay did everyone's make up at the hotel...she was  fantastic as well!!!!  Both were VERY reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards