Tennessee

Smoky Mountain Weddings

Hi ladies! So I just got engaged a week ago - YAY! But here is the rub - I am from California, he is from Virginia, his dad's whole fam is in Tennessee and we went to college in New York.... So the location thing has me freaking out already. We are probably going with a fall 2010 wedding, and I have been doing research online and I love the Smoky Mountain Cabin and Chapels! Anyone ever been to or is going to have their wedding at any of these cut places? Any suggestions or ideas? THANKS! -Flora

Re: Smoky Mountain Weddings

• edited December 2011
    Hi!Yes, we have been to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge several times and it is a really beautiful place. We are getting married in Pigeon Forge at a place called Bluff Mountain Inn. They do everything there and it doesn't look cheezy like some of the other chapels look. They also have a good photographer that works with them and is included in the packages. Google them and tell them I sent you! Danielle is the name. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
  • redstapler65redstapler65 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married 10/25/08 at the Wedding chapel at the Preserve, so ask away..It was an amazing view from the top of the mountain..beautiful chapel..they are VERY busy, so a bit slow in communication but they ALWAYS got back to me..email worked well!! Angel was VERY cooperative when I changed my flowers and insisted I wanted orange calla's that were not seasonal..she found a way, and understood I was looking for local flowers also..it was a BEAUTIFUL bouquet..I found them cooperative, but keep in mind everything is a package at all places..I have driven by numerous other places that looked good on internet but totally cheesy in person..I was sooo glad for the Preserve..and it does look exactly how it does on their site..I thought prices were reasonable, my pics are good, included a DVD handed to me on the spot..
  • caitdanacaitdana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly it depends on how big your wedding is going to be. If it is under 100 you are golden, if it is even 1 person over and you dont know any one with lane dont think about it
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married on 10.10.10 at this cabin: http://www.moosecreekcrossing.com/property.php?pid=15We will get married in that stunning stone courtyard while our guests view from the balconies above and around the courtyard. If it's a chilly October afternoon, we will have a fire in that stone firepit - otherwise I will put candles in it. Then we will have our reception under the covered carport and it will spill out into the large driveway - which sounds yucky, but will be stunning when it is all lined with white lights and lanterns. There is even a beautiful wood deck under the carport where we will have our dance floor. We expect about 75 guests. The people there are GREAT and easy to work with and are giving us and our guests who rent cabins a discount. I'm getting excited and it's still a year (and 3 days) away!

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• edited December 2011
    Be careful and do alot of research before you book any of the chapels in Sevierville. Some of them are really outdated on the inside. Some are gorgeous though, just make sure to research first. Also, a friend of mine did a cabin wedding and it was magnificent! The lighting was great and there was plenty of room to have the wedding on one floor and the reception on another! Also, I recommend checking with Jen D Photography for your wedding photos! She did my engagements and she will be doing our wedding next march! www.jendukesphoto.com   Congratulations!
  • Christi1Christi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw someone post about Blue Mountain Mist Inn and I definitely second that one!!  It is such a beautiful bed and breakfast, perfect for a destination wedding if you are coming from California.  I found a link off their website to a photographer that had some great pics on her blog from a wedding she did there last summer.  It was outdoors with a tent for the cover and dancing, but it held quite a few people.  It is at least worth to check out how they lay out a wedding, pretty helpful for ideas!  I LOVE the candy bar idea, I'm probably going to incorporate that into my wedding.http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/jessica-and-seth-baker/Here is the link to Blue Mountain Mist:http://www.bluemountainmist.com/
  • pamelanwpamelanw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A great and very good for your money is Sampsons Hollow, it is family owned and operated. I am getting married there on June 6th and they have been so helpful and patient with me in planning everything. They also have a cabin on site that you can rent for the night of/before also to get ready in. Beautiful venue, sits on about 30 acres of farm land in Walland TN right in the middle of the mountains. Each package is priced according to what you as the bride wants and they can hold up to 125 people. They have a website you can check out. We looked at every venue around here and its the only one we liked.. Hope this helps out! And one of the best things about them is you can use your own vendors and they can refer you to the ones that they have seen and liked. Most places here make you use their vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards