Ohio-Columbus

wedding officiant suggestions?? HELP!

So im running out of time to find a wedding officiant. Ive found a few that I like, but the prices are crazy!! Just to stay for 30 minutes, say some words, say Do you? and leave... I dont know, maybe Im underestimating the importance of them but I dont think I should have to shovel out $200 for that. Ugh! Okay, so Im asking ANYONE if they know anyone who officiates weddings and will do it for less than $100 I would be SUPER thankful!

Re: wedding officiant suggestions?? HELP!

• janellegt13janellegt13 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Have you thought about having a friend or family memeber do it? It's relatively easy to get ordained online at websites like this:

We toyed around with this idea so someone we know could do it and make it more personal to us! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013

My wedding planner is an officiant.  I think she starts at $150 though, but she might have some type of special going on (she usually does).  About a month ago, she was the officiant for the couple that got married on Good Morning Columbus morning news show on 12/12/12. Her name is Nora McCoy, and her website is:   http://partyplannersplus.vpweb.com/default.html
  • I think they charge what they do because they often meet with the couple to get to know them, plan the vows and ceremony, and then many attend the rehersal.

If you litterally only want someone to come to your wedding ceremony, and officiate with tradition vows, and make it legal ... ask the ones you've already talked to for a discount.  

I also really like the idea above of having a friend ordained to officiate for you.
  • I've heard good things about Alex Dumm but I don't know how much he charges.
  • If you are looking for someone to come marry you and thats it, I found this website that they come to your place and marry you without anything extra as long as your venue is in Franklin County for $60. The website is:

• Thanks everyone! we ended up finally finding one for $125 and hes giving us a personalized ceremony! :)
  • Did everyone tip their officiant, and how much? I keep reading mixed reviews..some saying not to tip, and others to tip..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-officiant-suggestions-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:cafa01b1-7af4-4078-9580-c2500949093cPost:9da7d2c0-6f02-4e50-98ec-e8a720eb8226">Re: wedding officiant suggestions?? HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! we ended up finally finding one for $125 and hes giving us a personalized ceremony! :)
    Posted by dani1361[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm glad you found one! I'm looking for one as well... I was wondering who you went with?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards