New York-New York City
Options

Where Did You Buy Your Wedding Gown?

I have a few appointments booked in Manhattan and would love to hear where others found their gowns so:

where did you buy your gown?

Would you recommend the shop?

Are there any other shops where you looked that you loved or hated?

Thanks!

Re: Where Did You Buy Your Wedding Gown?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Demetrios at Macy's Herald Square.  I went there because I was in the neighborhood and didn't have an appt.  My consultant was Angela who was nice enough to help me anyway.  She was very helpful and the rest of the staff was very nice as well.

I went to RKBridal but it was not a very personalized experience and is warehouse-ish.  Luckily, I brought pictures of dresses that I liked, but the consultant didn't really stray from them and offer other suggestions.

I also went to one of those Kleinfeld's sale days.  The experience was just okay - the dresses in my budget were limited and the consultant was not overly involved.
  • Options
    kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Kleinfeld.  I went in just for the experence, but ended up finding a dress under my budget.  I had a great experience with them without the cameras. I would reco it. GL!

My full review: http://www.yelp.com/list/wedding-vendors-new-york

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Reflections, and yes I would recommend it. My only caveat would be that they didn't appear to have a TON of different designers, but they had a lot that I didn't see at other places (Romona Keveza, St. Pucchi, etc). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kelima K on Mott St made my dress. If you want a dress right off the rack, she wouldn't be a good fit, but if you are looking for something unique, made for you, and romantic, she is so wonderful.

• Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Saks and had an excellent experience.

I also had the option of buying it at Kleinfeld's which is literally 1 block from my house, but I had such a negative experience there that I wouldn't even consider it.

I also had a pretty good experience at Priscilla of Boston. It wasn't as overwhelming as the bigger salons.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    brandyneswbrandynesw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i bought my dress at bridal reflections (hasn't come in yet, so can't comment on tailoring, etc), and the experience was really great.  i would also recommend gabriella's -- beautiful dresses, small boutique feel, no pressure. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed my experience at JCrew's bridal shop on Madison. It's a beautiful storefront and I never felt pressured to buy anything. The staff was wonderful. Their gowns are very simple, but they have a ton of accessories to dress them up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Bridal Reflections on Long Island but they do have one on 5th avenue where I will be getting my fittings done. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Kleinfeld's and had an amazing experience!  My consultant was Sara and she was wonderful.  I went in with pictures of dresses I liked and she pulled those and started pulling additional dresses based on my reaction to each one.  When she brought out 'my' dress, it was a perfect combination of everything I liked on the prior dresses.

I went to Saks as well and did not enjoy it.  It was not the 'luxe' experience I had expected - the lighting was poor, the step (that you stand on to look at yourself) was too close to the mirror so I really couldn't get a full picture of what I looked like, and my consultant seemed bored.  It may have been that my experience with her ruined the rest of it, but I can't recommend the store.
  • Options
    NattyGal31NattyGal31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saks!  I was intimidated by Kleinfield :) 
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got mine at pronovias. we walked in and had a great experience. however, after i purchased my dress, customer service went down from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In case you're still looking, I bought mine recently at Wedding Atelier. I had abad experience at Kleinfelds. But with that said, they had a great selection. Wedding Atelier is a beautiful salon and had a nice price range, and a great selection of dresses you can buy right then and there. good luck!
  • Options
    AKbklynAKbklyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my Dress at the White Gown in DUMBO and absolutely loved my experience
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal in Manhattan.  I like my dress and it was below the budget I was given.  I really liked my consultant and had a great experience.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine form the Lovely- adorable little store with great styles for every body type. It's an old townhouse in the West Village and all the rooms for trying on gowns are in separate rooms they had in a original setting when it was a house. I highly recommend this store and I love their selection.

I would stay away from RK Bridal, worst place ever! People are rude, store is gross would honestly spend hundreds more on a dress just so I wouldn't need to go there. HORRIBLE!

Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my gown at Cymbeline on 19th and 5th.  I would definitely recommend it!  You have to make an appointment, but for the first half of my appointment I was the only person there trying things on - later, another girl came but that was it!  The consultants are SO nice and accommodating.  It was completely stress-free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards