South Asian Weddings

Bridal Party...

Hi girls!!  Here is my dilema...I have 4 very close friends and 3 sisters.  I would like all of these girls to be part of my bridal party. The problem is that I also have 4 girls who are my cousins that if I don't add into this bridal party I would get family very annoyed with me.  I am not very close to these cousins...is 11 girls too much?  Or should I just  put my 3 sisters in the bridal party and call it a day?

I am not requiring any of them to wear any specific outfis just any sari will do as long as it is not black or white.

Re: Bridal Party...

• Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think anything over 5 is kind of crazy.  but then again, i am having 7 since I have to make my cousins bridesmaids and i wanted to have two friends.  so, guess i am crazy too...
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I think having 11 will be way too much. I understand the need to keep the peace, but that's a lot to manage even if you're not requiring them to wear matching saris/dresses.

Is there anything else that you can have them do in order to be a part of your special day? Hand out programs or help guests to their seats, encourage people to sign the guest book, etc?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    11 seems tough.  How many groomsmen does your Fi want?  Sometimes it can be easier to work with that.  If he has 3, then stick to that.  Can you use the "we didn't want to go to cousins because FI's cousins would be upset" excuse? 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    11 does seem like a lot but if you have a large number of guests (400-500) then I could see how it could work.  I've seen weddings that size with 10 bridesmaids.  Its your wedding though and if you want to have all those women in your bridal party, then you should.  I had a similar dilema a few months ago because I wanted my fiance's 2 sisters to be in my bridal party in addition to my 5 best friends, totaling 7 bridesmaids.  My fiance thought it was too much (we have about 200-250 guests) and wanted to cap it at 5 so we decided to not include the family members (his 2 sisters and my brother).  We will be incorporating them into the ceremony and reception in other ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards