Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Games for Luncheon

Hi Ladies...I am new to this board, but hopefully I'm in the right place.

I was wondering if any of you had any game suggestions for me. I am hosting a luncheon for my bridesmaids this Sunday and while I have the location, food, drink, desserts, and wedding information taken care of...I'd like to have a game or two that we can play for laughs and to break the ice. I saw a game in Charming Charlie that I may grab, but it was more fitting for a bachelorette party from what I could tell by the package. No idea is too silly so please let me know if you think of something. The only thing is that we will be at a restaurant so things can be fun, but not too crazy.

Thanks in advance and happy planning to all of you!
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Games for Luncheon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Give a little pop quiz that asks questions about the bride (and groom, too if you want).  Whoever answers the most questions right wins! You can ask things like the bride's favorite color, favorite restaurant, and where she met her future husband.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_games-luncheon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:2f400b7d-b0f6-4525-a3e9-e188af1d84e0Post:764879f3-30c4-4d8b-8a4e-c396bde67f58">Re: Games for Luncheon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Give a little pop quiz that asks questions about the bride (and groom, too if you want).  Whoever answers the most questions right wins! You can ask things like the bride's favorite color, favorite restaurant, and where she met her future husband.
    Posted by kimandken2010[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_games-luncheon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:2f400b7d-b0f6-4525-a3e9-e188af1d84e0Post:ef1e024a-3515-4e8f-9ea3-20a89f12a65f">Re: Games for Luncheon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think people will strike up conversations on their own. Most folks have to icebreakers at work, and hate it.  People tend to join in because they feel they have to, not because they enjoy it.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input as well. :) I am not worried about them talking cause everyone has met and gets along pretty well, but whenever we are together, it's all wedding talk and I don't want things to seem so much like a meeting although we do have things to discuss...the ordering timeline and comparing calendars, etc. I will keep this in mind though when selecting games so they don't seem so much like the work icebreakers.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I hate the games.  I would feel really uncomfortable at your event if I had to participate.  And if you already have other things planned then it will just make it longer and you might have people thinking "OMG can I just go home already?"    I also have to say I really don't like the "how well do you know?" game.  It can be embarassing for the person who didn't know little obscure facts about you or your FI. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards