African American Weddings
Options

This Dress...Veil or No Veil?

Hi Ladies,

Can you please give me your honest opinions. We are having an outdoor ceremony and the reception inside.  We don't have a theme either.  Veil or No Veil?

Re: This Dress...Veil or No Veil?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am huge fan of veils, expecially longer ones because they photograph really well. You won't have to wear it past the ceremony and maybe for pics right after so you will have the benefit of both looks over the cource of your day.  All that said, definitely veil if you ask me!  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's up to you whether you want a veil or not.  If I were to wear this dress, the veil would be a simple one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Such a beautiful detail dress, no veil is needed but if you do simple will be the key.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree a simple veil will just top it all nicely.  Beautiful gown!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_this-dressveil-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0ffde311-20d9-4972-b142-5d0399a729e6Post:1c588a1c-2ab3-4309-8155-35c6e49e1738">Re: This Dress...Veil or No Veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Such a beautiful detail dress, no veil is needed but if you do simple will be the key.
    Posted by vanna0092[/QUOTE]

Agree!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your responses so far.  You probably can't tell from the pic but the dress is detailed in terms of the asymetrical silhoutte but has no embellishments except at the very top near the neckline.  So my thoughts are no veil, hair half up/half down, sparkly hair piece, long earring (no necklace), and a bracelet.  Any thoughts?    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i say a birdcage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @kedeisha8 Hmmmmm....that could work also. Good idea!  I think I'll try that see how it works out...thanks 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No veil needed, maybe a birdcage if you like those :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards