Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photographer questions

I've been looking at several photographers and they seemed rather high prices. I'm not sure what is the norm when it comes to wedding photographers but i need help. If you can tell what is the average for a wedding photographer that will be great. Also, I'm getting married in South Windsor, CT at The Mill on the River. If you have any suggestions of a reasonably priced photographer please let me know.

Re: Photographer questions

• Options
    we used john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com, i am from CT but got married in northern NH. he starts with 8 hours $1500 and is amazing. highly recommend! hth :)
  • Options

I think the average is usually around 3,000.   Some are less and sume are much more.  
  • Options
    kevin jacabus from nahsua, nh-- he is very nice...1500$ is one of his packages...we met with him last weekend..we are meeting with others too but he is very nice.....my fiancee's sister is using him in May. He was very funny!

we are also meeting with :

Catharine Morrison- Manchester, NH
    71 West- Woburn
    Paul Chinnapi- Billerica
  • Options
    You can definitely find a great photographer that is reasonably priced.  Highly recommend our awesome photographer.  Her prices are way below average and yet her work is way above average, so it's a great deal.

http://www.imcreativephotography.com
  • Options

We've met with a few photographers, the once that we've liked the most so far are Iris Leaf Photo (packages start at $1,500) and Portait New England (we got a quote for $2,100 for 7 hours, an album and an engagement session). Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We went with portraitnewengland you get 2it photographers and they customize the package for u def worth looking into
  • Options
    we met with cook productions ($$$ and was very pushy, i mean VERY- he wanted an answer asap)..we just met with catharine morris- very unprofessional...she swore in front of us about one of her clients. Kevin jacobus is awesome, we may book him!
  • Options
    Photography ranges in price, I truely believe you get what you pay for.

We interviewed a lot of people at many different price ranges, and finally went with Shawn Black.  He was right in the middle.  I think that we got lucky with him becuase his work is amazing and I think he could charge a lot more than he does.  I loved working with him, he was so attentive throughout the day, more than I ever thought a photographer would be.  He kept me calm and relaxed and worry free.  If you haven't booked anyone, I suggest checking him out.  www.shawnblackphoto.com
  • Options
    Check out Erica Scott McGrath... best pricing I could find, super responsive, nice, and talented.  Highly recommend her!
  • Options
    We used Scott Metzer and loved our pictures.  Review in bio if you're interested.  I think his packages start at $2500 and he offers good discounts for non-Saturday and/or off-peak month weddings.

http://www.metzgerstudios.com

A friend of mine has also recently started doing weddings and is very talented.  Here's her website if you'd like to check her out:

http://www.kellyswieckphotography.com/
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options

One of the better photographers around.

Paul S. Robinson Photography

He is the official photographer for The Original Wedding Expo.

He is reasonable, great to work with and comes highly recommended.

www.paulsrobinsonphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards