Getting in Shape

hello!

I've posted on this board once or twice but I just wanted to formally introduce myself!

Im Krystle. I'm getting married in just under 3 months 10/20/12!!! My first fitness goal is getting into my dress! I need to lose about 3 inches. After that I really want to just be healthy and hopefully get off some weight I had gained during depression. I'd like to lose a total of 80 lbs eventually and get back down to 150. I've already started walking daily and instead I did Zumba! today. I actually feel so much better which is very encouraging! I'm very determined to do this!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hello!

• wait.. so your wedding is in less than 3 months and you don't fit into your gown? Am I reading this correctly? 

That's fabulous tha you're feeling so motivated. That's the hardest part. There is a great sticky at the top of the page to give more insight and suggestions as well
    GL OP
  • Yep. You read right. They ordered according to my measurements and when it came it was too small. I didn't really realize it when I tried it on in the salon. The girl that helped me into it zipped it right up and it was too short for the heels I had bought and I was upset but could deal with wearing flats. I tried it on again at home last week and realized that the reason it was too short is the girl just pulled it up around my waist to zip it. You can't tell from the front when that happens because of all the ruching. Boy was I upset because I could have been working since March! I thought the dress fit and I didn't need to make any changes! Now I need to lose 3 inches from my hip area which is the hardest ace to lose from! But on a positive note..if I can lose and fit in my dress I get to wear the gorgeous heels I bought and am in love with for my big day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited July 2012
    Well...for my body (I know everyone is different) an inch equals to be about 10 lbs for me. So by my calculations, maybe you are different, I don't know, 3 inches would be about 30 lbs. Thirty pounds in 3 months would be very difficult, if not impossible. Also you cannot spot reduce. You may lose an inch off your waist but maybe only half an inch from your thighs, just an example. You don't know how your body is going to lose weight. You can safely lose 1-2 lbs a week, which would mean you probably could not lose 30 lbs in 3 months. You may want to talk to your seamstress and see if the dress can be let out a little.

Like firsttimers said please read the sticky at the top of this board, it will give you a ton of good tips for weight loss and healthy living. Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards