Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Return Address Questions....

Okay so I'm getting ready to order a stamp for my return address on my invites and RSVP envelopes... my question is this

I'm living with my parent's currently, FI is living on his own - I don't know where we will be in August so I don't want to have them sent to FI's apartment.... so I'll probably have to send them to my parent's for sanity sake... but becuase I'm living there do I just put "Annie ***** then the address" or could I do "Annie's parent's names c/o Annie & Grant (or even "The Future Last Name")??

Both of our extended families are very absolutely no living together prior to marriage so I don't want anyone to think that just because our names are on the RSVP or return addresses that we are living together... Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Return Address Questions....

• Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know, etiquette dictates that the return address on the envelopes and the response cards be sent to the one(s) hosting the event.  So if your parents are paying at least the majority, it gets sent to them.  If you and your FI are paying but living separately, I'd just have them sent to you, especially if you don't know where he'll be living by response time.  However, obviously if neither of these scenarios fit your situation, there are always exceptions to rules.  But that's a simple way to solve the problem that I'm fairly certain people would understand the etiquette.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yea... we're all spliting this 3 ways so everyone is paying the same amount!
    I wish it were that easy. I think I'll just do it so that it's my parent's name on the return everything - I might to Parent's Last Name Family then their address
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the back flap of the invite, I had just my parent's address.... no name at all.
    123 main st
    st. paul, mn 55102

On the RSVP envelope, I had my mom's name and address. (my mom likes to be traditional)  Slightly similar in that I wasn't sure where I was going to be living around RSVP time.  But I think it's perfectly acceptable to have your name with the parents address.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most people knew that my husband and I were shackin' up prior to marriage, but I just left his name off the RSVP envelope to streamline things and to not offend the old-school guests. Since you're splitting costs I don't see anything wrong with having them addressed to you at your parents' house (e.g., Annie Anniepants, 123 Smith Street, Cityville, Minnesota"). It establishes you as the point-of-contact for your guests versus having people contactring your folks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H and I had lived together over a year by the time we got married, so we just did "Steph + Jeremy...."  I really didn't care what people thought about the fact that we were living together ;)

But, I would just put the street address, then the city, state. No need to put names; just do your parents' address.
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_return-address-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:6972e44b-8d33-409a-b3b2-4dc4607fcbb4Post:22e7d070-8e51-4b5e-ad10-f07e185ca1b5">Re: Return Address Questions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I had lived together over a year by the time we got married, so we just did "Steph + Jeremy...."  I really didn't care what people thought about the fact that we were living together ;) <strong>But, I would just put the street address, then the city, state. No need to put names; just do your parents' address.
    </strong>Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Why is it that I didn't even think of this? HA THIS is why I love theknot!

And let me tell you - FI and I are always at his apartment... really why would I stay with my parent's when he's 5 miles away in a place all by himself! My parent's know and don't care... his on the other hand... think we're all angels! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To clarify,  is thie stamp going to be used for the front of your RSVP envelopes? If so, I wouldn't skip a name - that's almost asking for issues with the USPS. If it's for return address flaps only, yeah, just do the address (which is proper etiquette anyway).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_return-address-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:6972e44b-8d33-409a-b3b2-4dc4607fcbb4Post:85e23af0-04e6-4d5e-aed9-7fafceb13b41">Re: Return Address Questions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]To clarify,  is thie stamp going to be used for the front of your RSVP envelopes? If so, I wouldn't skip a name - that's almost asking for issues with the USPS. If it's for return address flaps only, yeah, just do the address (which is proper etiquette anyway).
    Posted by beka0404[/QUOTE]

<div>good point. I assumed she was just talking about  the return address.</div><div>
    </div><div>You'll need an actual name if it's on the RSVPs. At which point I would just say your last name. Then it can be you or your parents (assuming you have the same last name?)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards