New York

Wedding Update Wednedsay

Anything to report?
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Update Wednedsay

• edited December 2011
    Yesterday I wrote the program wording for both weddings and put them into the proper printing formats.  I finalized our guest list and monogram and sent it out for invitation printing. 

I also prepped my binder for our vendor meetings next weekend and updated my to-do list.  Earlier this week I finished another of my bridal party hoodies for getting ready day-of. 

When FI is out of town, turns out I'm very productive!  :0) 

How about you ladies?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finally ordered my invitations after months of back-and-forth with my mother and the printing people.  Yay!  I can't wait until they're ready!

That's a good idea about program wording; I'm getting antsy for things to do...I might start working on that (subject to change later, of course).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I called another photographer to get pricing information. I'm no closer to picking one though. I have such a hard time deciding!

I did decide to do a book as our "ring pillow" and by chance found one in the perfect colors at barnes and noble. Sorry I don't have the pictures on this computer so you'll have to follow the link.
    Click here

My inspiration:
    Book with Ribbon and Flower

Cut-out book

I had planned on using a vintage book, but not only is this book my blue, but the pages are the right green color and bonus- it's also my favorite author Jane Austen!

The back cover says "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednedsay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:ad2a3c1f-5cbc-400a-ab14-8aa13174e6bdPost:bf78470b-f2fd-41c0-a9cf-0c6caa3ca694">Re: Wedding Update Wednedsay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did decide to do a book as our "ring pillow"[/QUOTE]

That is a really neat idea, it's something someone in my mom's family would love (they're all book worms).

My updates: booked limo for great price, picked out invitations, and decided to trust a florist with my flowers.

Also, this is the only time that all of my bridesmaids will be in the same place/state at the same time, so we have had some great girly bonding time that I really needed in the midst of all this planning and madness.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the book idea too.  Actually, that's how my fiance proposed, he hid the ring in a hard-cover journal he'd written in for me.  I was thinking about incorporating it into the ceremony as one of the ringbearer "pillows" since we have two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly wouldnt know where to start with what Ive gotten done this past week...in a word: EVERYTHING!

I have last min things to wrap up now and Friday I drop everything off at Wysockis then its dun dun dundun

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    um this week and last week...NOTHING! Frown
    I fail! I've just started work and I wanted to accomplish things last weekend and didn't and this weekend I'm busy, so it might be next week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HA!

So i was calling people up who didnt rsvp and there is huge family drama because about two years ago my grandma died and her passing split the family but i decided to be a bigger person and invite the whole family. but of course the people on the other side, decided not to rsvp. so keep in mind the last time i saw these people was at the funeral and so then i called and spoke to my uncle because he answered and he said oh i am sorry we cant come because we dont have passports meanwhile i know they recently went to jeresulem so of course they have passports. so i was thinking to myself man i got off easy with that one so onto the next call.

so i call my moms cousin who lives in california and i am mid conversation on my cell phone when the house phone rings and it is my aunt (the same uncle i just spoke tos wife) and she starts asking how the plans are going and then she says i want to be perfectly honest with you but you are caught in the middle and its not ur fault but with all the stuff that went down we will not be able to make it. so i say oh yeah i understand and then she says well i just thought you were mad at me because at the funeral you didnt really say anything to me.

soooo then i say well i wasnt mad at you i was mad at the situation and how things ended up and she went off on me and decided to tell me that i had no right to an opinion blah blah blah

and then i politely said that i could understand if she was still mad at my mom but it had nothing to do with me and then she continued on her rant and finally said have a nice life please do not contact me again.

Then her sister who lives wtih her was supposed to email me and let me know her answer but she didnt instead she wrote  anote on facebook that said that her mom was right and that people shouldnd judge, they should grow up and stop being ignorant.

being the bigger person that i am i ignored it so then tonight i get an email about my cousin writing to me about the level of care my grandma recieved at the hospital because she worked there while my grandma was there...

meanwhile i never questioned the hospital care nor does she know how i ifeel but i think my aunt acutually wrote it because of certain spellings....

so all this started over are you coming to the wedding, and she felt the need to call me back after her husband already me she wasnt coming.

YEESH

sorry for the rant!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Sandra.... sounds like major drama.  I've said it before and I'll say it agian.... weddings bring out the crazy in people.  It sounds like you are better off without these precious gems at your big party!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late and this is a P&R (new job keeping me busy), but the week's been somewhat productive!  We got a "vansine" last night, yup it's a limo-van!  $440 for 4 hours!!  Imagine Limousine if anyone is still looking and doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg!  Picking between 2 invitations that my friend made for us, and they will be printed this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednedsay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:ad2a3c1f-5cbc-400a-ab14-8aa13174e6bdPost:aa36c547-3aad-4b65-950f-837f9eab0870">Re: Wedding Update Wednedsay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late and this is a P&R (new job keeping me busy), but the week's been somewhat productive!  We got a "vansine" last night, yup it's a limo-van!  $440 for 4 hours!!  Imagine Limousine if anyone is still looking and doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg!  Picking between 2 invitations that my friend made for us, and they will be printed this weekend!
    Posted by acmj11[/QUOTE]

Thanks...we have our limo, but I need a second one for the paretns.  Thanks for the tip!
  • edited December 2011
    Very crazy drama and that's just the tip of the iceburg!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards