Maine
Options

I'm married!!!! (and name change question)

Hi Ladies-
I'm officially married! It was quite the day....perfect in every way, seriously. Thanks for all the help along the way. Vendor reviews to follow soon.

In the meantime, I have decided to change my last name. For email, I have put my maiden name in parenthesis in my signature line. Now I need to change my voicemessage at work. At suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks!

Re: I'm married!!!! (and name change question)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  I can't wait to hear all about it and read the feedback on your vendors!  I think you ended up going with my photographer (Birch Blaze)?  

As far as the name change stuff - sorry I have no clue.  :) 

Congrats again!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Let's see some pictures :)

I think probably everyone's phone system at work is different. If you don't know how to change your greeting, maybe ask an HR person or IT person.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad everything went well, good luck with the list of name changing that follows.
  • Options
    jdenormandiejdenormandie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. Pictures will come too once we get them back! (and yes, we used Birch Blaze....we got along GREAT with them and I am so confident the pictures are going to be gorgeous!)

I know how to change my voice mail, but what I meant is what do I say to address the name change? For example: "This is Jane Doe, formerly Jane Moose" haha or something along those lines?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_im-married-name-change-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:d4d32544-430c-4d45-9ab8-261547da8d90Post:578ae12d-21b3-460b-988f-c97052d41c83">Re: I'm married!!!! (and name change question)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. Pictures will come too once we get them back! (and yes, we used Birch Blaze....we got along GREAT with them and I am so confident the pictures are going to be gorgeous!) I know how to change my voice mail, but what I meant is what do I say to address the name change? For example: "This is Jane Doe, formerly Jane Moose" haha or something along those lines?
    Posted by jdenormandie[/QUOTE]

Ah, got it. I just changed mine and didn't reference it, but I work at a small company and have a pretty unique first name, so I figured people wouldn't be confused about it. You could say just what you gave here as an example, and I think that would be fine.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards