Connecticut
Options

Things that I forgot about $$$$

I am just 6 weeks away from wedding and have been keeping a spreadsheet of every dollar we spend. There were so many little things that I wanted and never included in my budget. These things are not necessary, but stuff that if you have just started planning probably want and are forgetting about.  If it helps good if not that's ok too.

- Venue charges and extras - Vendor meals, 24% 6% sales tax and 18% gratuity not included in plate charge

-My dress it was $2100 but after alterations estimates, taxes, storage fees, and the undergarments, the dress is $2800 (this was my biggest shocker)

- Accessories and not just for me - Shoes, veil, jewelry, pocket square, collar stays, cuff links

- Stationary, I budgeted for invites but forgot save the dates, table numbers, frames for table numbers, place cards, programs, and POSTAGE!!!

- Venue decorations not the florist stuff but other things - aisle decor, bathroom baskets, card holder, chargers or overlays, guest book, guest book pen, guest book table decorations,

- DIY I am crafty but I didn't think about the extras, glue, paint, stamps, wax, fancy pens, the stuff you waisted during testing. It's insane if you really track how much you spend on this stuff that really isn't budgeted

- Welcome hotel bags - we have 21 couples coming from out of state

- Rehearsal Dinner - the dinner itself didn't even think about it, the dress for this

- Hair - remembered to budget for hair and makeup but not for trials

- Totally under estimated the candy buffet this is not cheap at all

- Passports for honeymoon

- Parents gifts

- Groom's cake

- I forgot wedding bands which is silly I know, but I forgot it.

- Gifts for eachother. If you are really getting eachother something it should be in the budget. You won't just have the extra money for presents if you're budgeting

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Things that I forgot about $$$$

• Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh! It is insane how many things there are to get.  It's easy to see why most people end up wayyy over budget. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's good to keep track of the "little things" that add up.

And don't forget TY notes for shower and wedding gifts and postage for them.  They're not unnecessary expenses but you don't necessarily know how much you're going to need to spend until you have gifts in hand.

• Options
    julieandjojojulieandjojo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ughhh just wanna say i seriously hate this aspect of the wedding! the omg we did not account for that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget money for tips either!  That was something that I didn't think about when doing our budget, and we had a lot of people that we handed envelopes of cash to on the wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah this is such a timely post, I just had my first meeting with a venue, and although I had thought I was mentally prepared for all the costs I'm still a bit shell shocked.  I want to account for everything to make sure I can afford it all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg...this post made me vomit in my mouth!!! I was just stressing last night about all of these little details that Fi and I didn't plan for in the beginning. I was trying to make him understand all of the extra expenses that come up at the end, and I didn't think of half of these!!! Thanks for posting though. All great things to think about!
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was stressing about this last night!!!!!

There are so many added on costs that I didnt even think of! I am sure there will be more right up to the wedding day.

I just keep telling myself to relax and it will be worth it lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just had a pow wow in NY with my couzzie last weekend about this stuff, she got married last year. Limo/vendor overtime totally shocked them in the end!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am right there with you- I tried to keep track of all the "little things" along the way, but because these things would pop into my head while reading the boards or leafing through a magazine, I found myself with 10,000 little scraps of paper scattered here and there with one or two things on it- or a random website address without having any idea at all of what it was related to... I need to better organize...

I forgot all about postage and a dress for rehersal dinner...I'll just write it down on this little scrap of paper next to me to remind myself for later....lol

Good Luck!  It will be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards