Wedding Etiquette Forum

Talk to me about no show socks/foot liners

So I bought some flats for work, but I am not a pantyhose type of girl.  I have been looking online for some really low nude no show socks/foot liners and I am a bit overwhelmed.

Have you found a brand that works really well for you?

Re: Talk to me about no show socks/foot liners

• I use the ones from Payless, and have no complaints. They are pretty inexpensive, too.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I honestly don't know the brand of mine, but will tell you that the sock eating mechanism in both my old washer and my new washer like them. A lot. 

I don't like them really, but find them a necessary evil. 
  • I never wear socks with my flats. I've heard a few people talk about this though. Am I the only one? I don't like it because the sock tends to slide under my feet when I walk or you can see it clear as day around the toe part.

I must be doing it wrong.
  • I don't wear socks with my flats either.
  • I use them and like them. I bought mine at the Shoe Company, but Payless ones might be the same. Stay away from dollar store ones though - lol!

There are different cuts too, depending on the cut of your shoe. Any sales clerk should be able to steer you right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only wear socks with my flats in the winter, and then I get pretty socks that you can actually see.

But I replace the insoles in my flats every 3-4 months when I'm not wearing socks, or else they get dirty and stinky.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Where can you find insoles? What brand would work with flats? I have the problem with them getting dirty as well and always just replace the whole shoe. Crazytown
  • I get these if I have a little extra room in the shoe (they're thicker, but they're like walking on a cloud): http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/products/ForHerComfortInsoles.jspa

I get these if I don't have the extra space:  http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/products/ForHerSoleExpressionstradeInsoles.jspa

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I could never wear those liners.  They fall off my feet.  Willwally5, have you tried putting them in a lingere bag to wash?  They can't hide anywhere if they are in a bag.
  • I put the liners from Aldo in my flats- they are washable and I like them a lot. 

When I need little no-show type socks, I buy ones from target- they have little grippy things on the back of the heels that keep them on my feet.
  • Excellent idea, Cort. 

And J&K, I just got some of those insoles for my awesome new leopard flats. And they rock. Thank you. 
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I think the flats I can get away with barefoot (they are really short in the toe so I don't think the no-show socks would work anyway) because they are dr. scholls and pretty comfy.  The other shoes, my foot keeps sticking to the bottom so a trip to Famous footwear is in the schedule for tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards