Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Booking Rooms

Hello fellow knotties!

I am about to book my honeymoon at Dreams Tulum and have heard some conflicting advice in regards to selecting a room (not just here, but any AI). We really want an ocean-view, but people have told me to "book the cheapest room and upgrade when you get there" because it is supposedly "cheaper" on site. Now, this is about a $50 difference per night so it is potentially worth it, but not if a room is guaranteed/it will be a hassle.

What are people's experiences with this?  Should I just pay the money up front and not have any worries when I get there?

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booking Rooms

• Options
    I've never stayed at that particular hotel, but in my experience upgrades are not all that common, and definitely not something you should count on. Book the room you want to stay in. You'd be paying more, yes, but you'd also be in the room you want and wouldn't have to hope to be upgraded.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_booking-rooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:500fe875-fb20-4a8d-bb61-c0511d72151fPost:251cab4c-572d-4b92-b7c3-204c3f78e916">Re: Booking Rooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never stayed at that particular hotel, but in my experience upgrades are not all that common, and definitely not something you should count on. Book the room you want to stay in. You'd be paying more, yes, but you'd also be in the room you want and wouldn't have to hope to be upgraded.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

I agree.
  • Options
    What pp said and you also need to think about when you are going, is the hotel going to be completely booked?  Maybe and then you'd risk not even being able to pay for an upgrade at the hotel.  Personally if an ocean view was that important to me - I'd just pay for it now and be done with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think it depends. I'm looking at going to the Catalonia Royal Tulum. Upgrading to the honeymoon suite on Expedia is only $47 a night. Through the hotel when you get there it's $60 a night. They told me to book through Expedia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards