Christian Weddings

Thursday/Friday QOTD

I am sorry, I forgot to post today's question. We can combine it with Friday.

How has the Lord blessed you this week?

Any fun weekend plans?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thursday/Friday QOTD

• We got a dining room table and chairs for FREE!!! My former piano teacher's son is moving and didn't want to bring the table with him. God worked everything out for me to be at the right place at the right time and I got the table!

I'm heading to visit FI this weekend. His church is doing a shower for us. We will also have a pre-marriage counseling session with his pastor and then go shopping for groomsman gifts, a tie for the wedding, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FIL quit-claimed our house lot to us, so we're officially property owners! And our house plans were submitted today! We're about to start building!!!! I'm so massively excited.

This weekend is my baptism and Children's Sunday. So I'm helping lead the children's choir and then everyone from church is invited to the inlaws' to celebrate my baptism. :)
  • Thankful for a great physical therapist.  I've been in physical therapy since January when I had hip surgery, but my PT helps me feel a lot better.

I'm going to be studying all weeekend.  I have my first law exam on Monday.  I'm really nervous... I keep thinking what if I bomb my grades, I don't make it onto Law Review, and then nobody will hire me?  I'll be doing Property on Monday, but it's good that I know what a quitclaim is, Azdancer, otherwise I'd be in trouble! 
  • The Lord has blessed me beyond measure. Foremost in my mind right now, though, is my F. He is such an awesome person. When I see how perfect we are for each other and feel the encompassing love for him, I am reminded again of the awesome God who loves me.

My plans for the weekend is to see how much I can do in one weekend. lol  Tomorrow we are having a benefit ride (horse back ride) for my parent's church. It's going to be a lot of fun, but a whole lot of work, too. :-) Sunday I will be going to church with my honey and then looking for flower girl dresses.
    Anniversary
  • This past Monday my nephew (those of you who read my Emergency Prayer post, same nephew) went to a Youth Group at our church and came out enjoying it. He's asking to go back again next week if we'll give him a ride. Talked to his Dad last night, and he said that he's not crying and seems in a better mood overall, and apparently has come leaps and bounds attitude wise from when he first took off a few months back. I am feeling SO blessed to know he's working in my nephew to help bring him around!

This weekend we're travelling to Columbus, Ohio for a business conference, actually getting off work at 4 to get on the road. I love our conferences so I'm looking forward to it!

• God continues to bless and show His faithfulness. FI is still out of work, but I pray for God to provide for us and to prepare the right job for him. I know He will because He has brought us through so many other things together. 

I am thankful for FI and for everything he is to me. I've been so stressed lately but I love him more than I ever have and I can't wait til the big day is here!

Tomorrow is my bridal shower! :) Other than that, I hope to find some relax time for my mind and get some much needed sleep.
  • Tomorrow I am driving up to our venue to meet my mom and our DOC's. The DOC haven't seen the venue and we are going to go over everything and then drop some supplies off at our florist.

Tomorrow night it's date night for FI and I. We just want to take a break from wedding planning and hom studying for his boards.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursdayfriday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2cc1f7ff-31d7-44aa-adff-fb6bed9527ebPost:a6a23340-30f8-4948-9c2c-67585c8706ba">Re: Thursday/Friday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thankful for a great physical therapist.  I've been in physical therapy since January when I had hip surgery, but my PT helps me feel a lot better. I'm going to be studying all weeekend.  I have my first law exam on Monday.  I'm really nervous... I keep thinking what if I bomb my grades, I don't make it onto Law Review, and then nobody will hire me?  <strong>I'll be doing Property on Monday, but it's good that I know what a quitclaim is, Azdancer, otherwise I'd be in trouble! </strong>
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

*grin*
    I'm sure you'll do fine!
  • I'm thankful for a devotional we got as a wedding gift.  Since we've been home from the honeymoon, we've set the alarm a few minutes early, read a devotion, and prayed together before H gets up.  It's been a terrific way to start the day!

Tonight we are going out to dinner and returning at least one wedding gift (maybe more if I get home early enough).  Tomorrow we are driving to my old apartment and cleaning it out before the lease is up on Monday, and then having a picnic with my Bible study group :)  Sunday is church and probably organizing the apartment.
  • This had the potential to be a few hard week for me.  I am so thankful God blessed me with patience and peace.

As far as weekend plans, we were supposed to go to Myrtle Beach this weekend.  Originally we were going to leave Thursday 5PMish, but DH switched to nights when one of his co-workers got appendicitis.  That meant we wouldn't leave until Friday noonish.  Yesterday (Thursday) the hotel calls DH at 6PM to tell him a pipe burst in our room, and they can't move us because the hotel is full.  Our options were that they'd put us in another, not quite as nice hotel for this weekend, or they can give us an up-graded room in their hotel next weekend.  We opted for next weekend, and now we're getting a room with a hot tub!  Now we just don't have plans for this weekend. :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This has been an awesome week. Ryan started his new job, I finally sent off some crazy paperwork, my application is complete for this job I really, really want (prayers definitely appreciated!!).

Plans for the weekend: Bible Study tonight! Last week it was cancelled and the week before I didn't have a way and it's been a while. Saturday, as of yet, I have no plans. Sunday I have church and then I'm either going hiking with my friends or going to a new meeting at church for "post college" twenties and thirties aged people. I haven't decided yet.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursdayfriday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2cc1f7ff-31d7-44aa-adff-fb6bed9527ebPost:36487605-6dac-440c-9fad-4543a15784cf">Re: Thursday/Friday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]This past Monday my nephew (those of you who read my Emergency Prayer post, same nephew) went to a Youth Group at our church and came out enjoying it. He's asking to go back again next week if we'll give him a ride. Talked to his Dad last night, and he said that he's not crying and seems in a better mood overall, and apparently has come leaps and bounds attitude wise from when he first took off a few months back. I am feeling SO blessed to know he's working in my nephew to help bring him around! This weekend we're travelling to Columbus, Ohio for a business conference, actually getting off work at 4 to get on the road. I love our conferences so I'm looking forward to it!
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

So glad to hear about your nephew!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • My FI came down to see us last night .. My son had baseball practice and we took a walk around the park .

Today is bridesmaid day  ! All are coming except one but she tried on a dress about a month ago when she was home. I'm so happy they can all make it !

tomorrow my dad is preaching at me and my FI's church and FI parents and friend of theirs are coming and hopefully my future SIL... After that I have to come back home right away to go to my best friend's daughters birthday party she is 1 !!!  Yay !

All that while I have a sinus/head cold... nice right ?
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards