Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

I'm Actually Engaged!

Well...I've been lurking around the board and reading because I knew a proposal was coming. I am so excited to officially be a bride to be now! :)

So here's the story:

We've been talking about moving in together but I really wanted to wait until we were married. Since we both own houses and have some debt we want to pay off we decided that moving in together was the best way for us to be able to accomplish our goal of paying off most of our debt before we got married. My roommate was moving out and after a LOT of discussion of where we would live we decided to move into my house so I knew we only had a few weeks and one week before he was to start moving in I got really discouraged that he wasn't going to propose before we were living together. (Funny thing is...I watch the Hills and Lo was trying to decide if she would move in with her boyfriend before they got engaged. Since I was in the same dillema...I HONESTLY thought that if she did it I would give in and do it too. She did...so I let myself feel better that I wasn't the only one compromising in this way and it would be ok.) So less than a week before he was supposed to move in I was in a competition I had dreamed of winning since I was little and in the most amazing day ever my dream came true. He came on stage and started talking on the mic in front of everyone about how proud he was of me. (Since he is involved in lots of the same things I am it wasn't odd that they handed him the mic.) After everyone cheered he said he was up there for another reason. He said all the mushy stuff about how I was his everything. :-D Then he got down on his knee in front of everyone and asked me if I would marry him! I was in total shock again (remember this is the 2nd HUGE moment in about 30 mins.) Someone had to yell out "So what's your answer?" before I realized through my tears that I hadn't said yes yet! OF COURSE I SAID YES! Our proposal ended up all over newspapers, online, and even on our local news! :) I couldn't be happier and now after about a month things are starting to come together in the house and we can actually walk through the rooms (it's HARD to move 2 houses worth of stuff into one!)

We're planning our wedding for September 15, 2012. Yes I know it's a ways down the road but as I said we're trying to pay things off right now. But the real reason? When we first started dating we found out that my parents and his parents have she same anniversary! I told him a few months into our relationship when we found this out that if we got married that we had to use the date. Next time that it ends up on a Saturday is 2012. It will be his parents 50th anniversary and my parents 33rd. :)

I'm also happy to announce that 2 weeks after my amazing proposal...my older brother proposed to his amazing girlfriend. (I've always wanted a sister but have been stuck between an older brother and a younger brother!) They are planning a wedding in May or June of 2012. A busy month for my family and 2012 will be a busy year for all of us too!

Re: I'm Actually Engaged!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards