September 2012 Weddings
Options

Lunch and a Question

Good morning Ladies!

So what's for lunch today? I have leftover black beans and rice from last night's dinner. Nothing too exciting. 

I've been working a billion hours and am having a hard time coming up with a good CP idea today.  LOL!   I have major babies on the brain today, so every thing I can think of is baby related.  Any one else have days like this?? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lunch and a Question

• Options
    Nothing too exciting...have a peanut butter on wheat sandwich, some carrots, strawberries, and an apple.  This is my go to lunch when I have no leftovers (the strawberries sometimes are a different fruit of veggie but always healthy).

I have to say I don't really have baby brain days.  I love kids and get excited around kids and babies, but I'm just not ready for my own yet so thinking about babies never really consumes my mind.  It's more a fleeting thought.  One day I'm sure it will get me though.  Right now I have wedding/school brain (which isn't helpful at work).
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Lunch is frozen four cheese and spinach  pasta  from Trader Joe's. it's not exciting but it tastes good. 

It seems like most of the people around me are pregnant. I have brief moments of baby fever but we're not planning to have children. Babies are cute, and I like other people's babies and (sometimes) children. It's just not something we want to take on. We're both in our mid-30s so this is unlikely to change. 

I do have this suspicion that my body will betray me and we will end up with a kid anyway. It wouldn't be the end of the world but it's just not how we envision our life together. FH is getting a vasectomy after the wedding, which will be a relief! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am having a salad with tuna and broccoli and olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Yummy!! 

I have babies on the brain a lot lately! I cannot wait to have another little one! 
  • Options
    Celtic -  MMM!  I love everything at Trader Joes! 

Roma - Glad I'm not the only one with BOTB.  LOL!  My best friend is due in May and she is so adorable.  I can't wait to just get married already, so we can start trying.  I can't wait to have another little one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lunch is Amy's Split Pea Soup (GF) and a couple tortilla chips... I left my fruit at home so I'm bummed!  

I don't have baby on the brain at ALL.  I love kids and want some of my own but FI and I want to get a little more settled and enjoy married life before throwing any of that into the mix.  
  • Options
    I'm havign left over kabobs from dinenr last night speedie chicken and grilled veggies basically.  I also have soem cottage cheese and pineapple and might eat the yogurt I didn't have at breakfast.

I am gettign my baby fix from seeign my neice so much lately, this was St, Patty last weekend, granpa said no to her jsut I snapped a picture and a big smile went to crocodile tears just as it took:

I'm not in nay hurry to actually have kids, but I do like that my biological whatever is at least working, FI is glad that I am more vocal that I do in fact want kids.  Ive goen through a few stages of not wanting anythign to do with it, so I guess thats good.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:0f4750b0-4c4f-407b-875b-8ab7e75f66e8Post:ed915d82-e680-489b-bee3-2619bd81e7eb">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Celtic -  MMM!  I love everything at Trader Joes!  Roma - Glad I'm not the only one with BOTB.  LOL!  My best friend is due in May and she is so adorable.  I can't wait to just get married already, so we can start trying.  I can't wait to have another little one. 
    Posted by agladhill[/QUOTE]

<div>My MOH is due the end of next month! It doesn't help that we work with each other everyday, I just cannot wait! FI keeps talking about it too, so we both have BOTB!</div>
  • Options
    I am just having brown rice and veggies for lunch, something I whipped together quickly to get out the door because I forgot to make myself a lunch hahaha

I have had major BOTB, but in my case its the adoption situation. One of my coworkers adopted both her little boys so I had a long talk with her yesterday about it. I  know it generally takes 2-5 years for it all to happen, so FI and I are starting the paperwork asap.
  • Options
    I'm having a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, I had nothing else- grocery shopping tonight. I'll probably end up stealing pretzels or something from the kid's snack cabinet b/c I craving something salty, otherwise I have grapes.

I have, and have had, major BOTB! I would not mind at all having a HM baby, neither would FI- its actually his friends that are all pregnant and now he has BOTB :)
  • Options
    I had half a grape fruit, special K, and a diet coke. I'm taking lunch light today since I'm meeting my sister and two cousins (all BMSs!) for dinner after work. 

FI and I aren't planning on having kids. It's hard because biololgy betrays me a lot of the time (stupid evolution!), but it's something we really though long and hard about. We are only in our mid-20s though so most people don't take me seriously. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:0f4750b0-4c4f-407b-875b-8ab7e75f66e8Post:1e9d44f8-f2dd-4d31-8220-ce215de2f6e1">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : My MOH is due the end of next month! It doesn't help that we work with each other everyday, I just cannot wait! FI keeps talking about it too, so we both have BOTB!
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

My best friend lives next door, so I see her all the time too!  My FI is the same way too!  It's so adorable and makes me want to have a baby with him that much more!  He was talking to me about when to start prenatal vitamins the other day.  LOL! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:0f4750b0-4c4f-407b-875b-8ab7e75f66e8Post:feabf98e-924b-4033-89b2-be6735aaf4d1">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am gettign my baby fix from seeign my neice so much lately, this was St, Patty last weekend, granpa said no to her jsut I snapped a picture and a big smile went to crocodile tears just as it took:
    Posted by meagandal[/QUOTE]

She is soooo adorable!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to clean out our freezer with some stuff to make room for new better food lol. I had a Skyline frozen lunch (local chain here. spaghetti with chili-super thin chili) and some water.

I totally get the baby thing! I think I know maybe 5-6 girls that are preggo and just found out last night our caterer is preggo too! Something in the water lol. FI and I have been talking more about having kids, not anytime soon, but our convos used to consist of never having kids. So eventually we'll have more realistic BOTB.
  • Options
    FI and I always have BOTB we have for a year now! Doesnt help that my sister in law, his best friend, and another good friend of ours are all pregnant to right around wedding time.  I have PCOS so we are going to try right away and I am interested to see if it will al work out or if we will have to do fertility!

I have having bagel bites for lunch, nothing healthy or yummy it was just easy to grab as I ran out the door this morning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Had a little Chinese food for lunch. About a cup of steamed broccoli, a cup of white rice & a little Garlic Sauce.... tried to be as healthy as I could. 

I want to enjoy being married before the topic of babies is discussed. Plus I think there are a few things FI & I want to do before babies come into the picture, like finishing his undergrad & possibly my Master's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lunch.... I had Michaels LOL
    Well I did have a an egg white omelet at around 11 am, but I just spent my lunch hour at Michaels.

As for kids... funny this is the topic because I just had a lil chat with my coworkers today about that. FI seems to have our plans all laid out and has even picked out the names. When we chat about the house plans, he always refers to "the kids" and such. I have a child and he is a handful so some days I'm just so grateful to just have one! I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried about having more.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Today's lunch was a shake I threw together and I must say it was pretty tasty :)

No baby brain for either of us. We had always considered both options, having kids vs not having kids and we were pretty content either way. But now it seems as though biology has taken away that option because apparently as of my last doctor's appointment we have found out I'm in early menopause! Go figure, 31 and going through menopause. So I guess it's a good thing we had already talked about being content with the just 2 of us :)
  • Options
    Lunch was leftover thai chicken, veggies & rice. Not much in the house, need to run to Trader Joe's as I start my "work week" tonight and that doesn't leave time for shopping and whatnot.

We're planning to pull the goalie right after the honeymoon, so its fair to say I've got babies on the brain!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:0f4750b0-4c4f-407b-875b-8ab7e75f66e8Post:2f443db1-4f4b-44b3-aa71-72f9700e5b42">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE] We're planning to pull the goalie right after the honeymoon, so its fair to say I've got babies on the brain!
    Posted by hollyweenOR[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I like this analogy! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lunch:  I am late but still want to participate.  For lunch I had a cajun chicken sandwich and chap chae. 

Question:  Babies are not on the brain.  We are an older couple and babies are the last thing on my mind. :)  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    now that its 1in the morning I am taking my "lunch"  Grilled chicken sandwhich on a whole wheat bun, yum

Def dont have Baby fever, but babies have been on my brain, it is freaking me out A LOT that we are going to be trying in a year from now (6 months after we get married)... I am so not ready, but I keep saying that I will never have that "ready" feeling so I might as well just do it... still super freaked out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards