Second Weddings
Options

Flowers, what to leave out?

Okay, so I am working on my flower list and I am thinking/remembering from the first wedding there were a lot of extra boutonniere and corsages that sometimes seemed unnecessary. What did you leave out this time? Thoughts, suggestions...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers, what to leave out?

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a bouquet for each of us and one for the maid of honor.  And we had a bout for the dude of honor.  That was it for our wedding flowers.
  • Options
    RealWeddingRealWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not "required" to have any flowers at all.  I didn't have any.  It just seemed silly to pay a couple hundred dollars for something I'd hold onto for 2 seconds, and then set down while we joined hands, etc.  Lots of brides opt for no flowers now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree  there is no requirement for flowers.  However, I LOVED my flowers.  We had bouquets, corsages, bouts, altar flowers, a floral swag over the chapel door, and centerpieces at the reception.  Every single blossom made me happy.  I dried my bridal bouquet and it is (in the vase the florist provided for our sweetheart table) on the mantle.  I don't regret a penny of the money we spent on flowers.  But that's me.

How do you envision your wedding?  If flowers are superfluous to you- do what you want.  Spend your money where it will make YOU TWO happy.  ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making a broach bouquet for me and using silk flowers for the girls. I have kissing balls for the flower girls and I am making a small bag to attach to the flower balls to hold the rings. I am give the our mothers broaches instead of coursages. I haven't found a flower yet that I like for the guys but I am still looking and deciding. We are having an outdoor wedding and I am going to use twinkle lights and the trees, bushes and flowers that are already there for decoration. I still haven't decided on centerpieces but I have found some flower (and nonflower) ideas that I really like.

Just do what you want and what suits your and your style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are limiting our floral BILL to

my bouquet
    fiances bout
    7 additional bouts for 5 grown men children, 2 fathers
    3 mother roses tied with a silk ribbon
    3 alter arrangements and
    1 arrangement for the card table

total = 545.00   

my budget was 500, so I did great !

They are only as necessary as you make them to be......
  • Options
    nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably leave out the bouts for the groomsmen and the coursages. I faintly remember them getting forgotten the day of my first wedding. I was rather upset that I had spent the time and money on them for them not to get used. But no one noticed or cared so I'm not going to bother this time.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Floral arrangments will be minimal -- the bridal bouquet, groom and best men's bouts, and the canopy.  What's being left out?? There will be no flowers for anyone else nor anything hanging on chairs or strewn on the aisle, no centerpieces, no wreaths on doors, no flowers on the bar or what have you.  Clean and simple.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Because weddings are so expensive you have to figure out what is important to you and put your money there. Flowers were very important to me and the decor so I budgeted a lot for these. We had flowers for our 2 attendants on each side, the mothers (no fathers living) and the 2 ushers (my bro and his son)  and the program girl (my niece). I LOVED MY BOUQUET!  Our names both start with S so I had her place a double S bouquet charms on my flowers. I had centerpieces, cake flowers (resuded from the ceremony) The bouts for the boys, flowers for the moms were very inexpensive.
    Here's some of my florals:

We had a family table with gold textured linen. 40 sat at the family table. We had 6 round 10 tops with different flowers and linens. 3 on each side of the family table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a bouquet, and flowers for the tables will come from the farmer's market the morning of.  I don't even care what color they will be.  Maybe a bout for the groom, maybe not--he hasn't decided what he wants to wear yet.  Kind of silly to get a bout if he goes with casual shirt rather than suit.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_flowers-leave-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:16bd8b37-ec07-4387-adf3-9fbec5e519d3Post:043219a0-0e13-492b-ad04-4aae7c9366f9">Re: Flowers, what to leave out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The guys could care less whether they wear flowers or not! Look at it this way: the only requirements for a wedding are a Bride and a Groom. Everything else is optional from there.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]And some of us even manage without the groom.  ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_flowers-leave-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:16bd8b37-ec07-4387-adf3-9fbec5e519d3Post:0398348a-0704-46be-a406-1748c00b2c35">Re: Flowers, what to leave out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flowers, what to leave out? : And some of us even manage without the groom.  ;-)
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

:)))))
  • Options
    TobeSASTobeSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards