Michigan-Detroit
Options

enough lurking;)

After lurking on these boards since my engagement in March, I've hit the 9-month-until-the-wedding mark and will probably start needing knottie help/advice!  My fiance and I live in Chicago, but we are getting married in Detroit-- which is especially great, since you Detroit knotties seem to be the nicest around! 
Currently working on researching DOC, photographer, and hotels in downtown Detroit for out of town guests, and trying to make a final decision on The Dress.
Just wanted to say hello :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: enough lurking;)

• Options
    jadabridejadabride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck! I'm also planning from a distance (Cincinnati)..Detroit ladies are a great resource!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome out of lurkdom!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome. The ladies here are the best around. Check out the sticky at the top of the board for our recommendations for the vendors you are looking for plus more. i would love to recommend my DOC Tammara from Grand Jour Events she is AWESOME!. Happy planning and come back often!
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome.

Great hotels in downtown Detroit include: The Westin Book Cadillac, the Marriott Renaissance Center and the Doubletree Fort Shelby (though their location isn't ideal). Other hotels are the Hilton Garden Inn, the Courtyard Marriott and the Holiday Inn Express.

Personally, I love the Westin and they have some decent group rates!

Where will your ceremony/reception be?
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    howdy!  Delurking looks good on you!
  • Options
    csgmancsgman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone!  The ceremony is at Saints Peter and Paul Jesuit Church, and the reception at the Colony Club-- I think the Book Cadillac is pretty close.  Thanks for the recommendations!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome, I'm also planning long distance so I know how it goes! Congrats!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_enough-lurking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0ad6e63e-1e24-4599-8787-8df98b78a428Post:673f1803-c8f2-4653-8204-0cc6a27d155d">Re: enough lurking;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  The ceremony is at Saints Peter and Paul Jesuit Church, and the ceremony at the Colony Club-- I think the Book Cadillac is pretty close.  Thanks for the recommendations!
    Posted by csgman[/QUOTE]

Sts Peter and Paul is gorgeous inside!  Have fun with your planning :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, and welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I dont know much about downtown, as far as hotels and that, but you will have a lot of resources here, good luck and see you around :)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Welcome! You're right, these ladies are the best! I would have been lost if it weren't for there help!
    I know you mentioned you were looking for a photographer. Sandy from The Camera Chick does a wonderful job! Many people on the board have used her or are going to use her, including me! We got married July 3 and she did such a wonderful job! Photography was so important to both of us and we couldn't have made a better choice! Check her out on facebook or her website www.thecamerachick.com. You won't be dissapointed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!! I'm also planning long distance. I wouldn't be this far without the help and advice from the girls on this board. They are the best! 

Happy Planning :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! These girls are awesome and have great tips/advice :) Sts Peter/Paul church is beautiful! I attend mass there sometimes. My FSIL is getting married a few weeks after us. She lives in Chicago and is planning a wedding in Detroit (St Marys/Colony Club). Having a DOC with an extended package has really helped her out. Look for dresses here to save on sales tax and avoid having to transport it yourself. The Book Cadillac is beautiful! Also check out the Antheneum hotel. Let us know if you have any other questions :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! Meegles was right on with her hotel rec's, she hit all the ones worth mentioning downtown. We are blocking rooms at the Book Cadillac, and will be staying there the night before and the night of the wedding :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards