Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Time for some good old venting :)

Regarding my bachelorette party, I feel like my MOH is having the toughest time with the people I want to come!! First one of my friends decided to bring her mother and her (going to be then) 9 month old son and have them stay in a seperate hotel room due to seperation anxiety... she is not even breast feeding! Which I guess I shouldn't care is she wants to every couple hours ditch out on the fun to check on her baby... but we're going to Vegas and I find this weird. Plus she didn't even tell me or my MOH, we found out from someone else. THEN my cousin just told me she is going to just bring her boyfriend & stay in a room with him... WTH! Another friend of mine can get a deal on a different hotel so is staying in a completely different hotel by herself. I didn't want my friend's mom & baby and my cousins boyfriend going... I may sound bratty but this is starting to really frustrate me.

Re: Time for some good old venting :)

• Options
    OsterizerOsterizer member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    If this is causing so much frustration, maybe you should recommend to your MOH that she plan something more close to home and low-key.  That way everyone you want to be at your bachelorette will be there and the idea of extra people (mothers, babies, boyfriends, etc) rooming with your friends wont be an issue. 

Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_time-for-some-good-old-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:5c21d713-50eb-4481-a5dc-186948aa51c5Post:b86a916a-1fbb-402d-9f2d-b07b2c69e846">Time for some good old venting :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Regarding my bachelorette party, I feel like my MOH is having the toughest time with the people I want to come!! First one of my friends decided to bring her mother and her (going to be then) 9 month old son and have them stay in a seperate hotel room due to seperation anxiety... she is not even breast feeding! Which I guess I shouldn't care is she wants to every couple hours ditch out on the fun to check on her baby... but we're going to Vegas and I find this weird. Plus she didn't even tell me or my MOH, we found out from someone else. THEN my cousin just told me she is going to just bring her boyfriend & stay in a room with him... WTH! Another friend of mine can get a deal on a different hotel so is staying in a completely different hotel by herself. I didn't want my friend's mom & baby and my cousins boyfriend going... I may sound bratty but this is starting to really frustrate me.
    Posted by Kimmyznc[/QUOTE]

Money is a pretty big concern for most people these days, especially making a trip out to Vegas and her financial business is not your financial business.

I think you are making more out of this than you really need too.  It seems as if the people you really want to be there are going to actually be there.....in Vegas no less, so I don't really see the problem here.

BTW, whether she is breastfeeding or not is not the point here.  Do you have children?  If not, separation anxiety can be a pretty big thing for someone that has an infant and even more so if it's her first child.  Once you have babies, you will understand better but in the meantime, let this one go and enjoy yourself.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_time-for-some-good-old-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:5c21d713-50eb-4481-a5dc-186948aa51c5Post:18557a92-2a8d-410c-bc4b-f102fdce880f">Re: Time for some good old venting :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for some good old venting :) : I totally agree!! Only a parent would understand having a child and what goes on. This girl should not be mad aboput that,
    Posted by jess8412[/QUOTE]

I'm not mad. I have no issue if she cannot make it... and we don't live all that far from Vegas (meaning we have all been a good 5 or 6 times in the last few years). I feel that if she does not want to be away from her child that is fine... she is not obligtaed to come. 
  • Options

As someone who works with kids, and lots of infants, I think you should be more understanding of the mom.  Breastfeeding aside, a lot of moms have a hard time with that first trip away from their baby.  Some of them are carefree and experience getting out for the first time, but a lot of them are worried sick the whole time.  You really need to be thinking of that more so than yourself.  So long as her hubby/baby isn't coming along to dance clubs or bars, I don't think you should be telling her what to do. 
    And if someone else can't afford it, what can you do about it?  Offer her a job?  Pay her way?  There's not much you CAN do, and it's not a requirement.  It would be great if she could go, but if she can't, just say she'll be missed and move on. 

• Options
    I would never tell her what to do... that's why I took it here, to get it off my chest. I am a nanny & do work with children, I do get it but because Vegas is not really a big deal for any of us I feel she could easily sit this one out. Her mom is one of those that parties with us so am I sure she won't come on in (not club but room etc)? Not really. Not that she will, just don't want to be in a weird position if it arises. And about my cousin with her boyfriend, same thing. Having a guy there alters the mood... this one also stresses me out because she is one of those that never leaves her bf's side. Love my cousin but for what is supposed to be a bachelorette party, I feel she can let go for a weekend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards