California-Los Angeles
Options

Beach ceremony location

Hey everyone! I'm trying to figure out the best way to host a ceremony on the beach and an indoor reception in a banquet/ballroom. I don't need them to be at the same location, just somewhere near each other. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this on a budget? I can't spend $4,500 just to get married on a beach at the marriott, not including food or ANYTHING but the ceremony? Ya know?

So, any good beach ceremony ideas to keep cost down and then I can look for a reception venue around that? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated. Looking for anything in Southern California and for 75-100 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Beach ceremony location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, did you look about halfway down the page?  There are some suggestions there perhaps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mrsbran2bemrsbran2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Long Beach venues?   They're much more affordable than the Westside or the OC!
  • Options
    DudandLaneeDudandLanee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anneberg in Santa Monica
  • Options
    ShabyKittyShabyKitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did a tour of Embassy Suites in Oxnard. It wasn't for me, but it's definitely a beach ceremony followed by a ballroom reception.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's the yellow umbrella company at the beach near the pier in Ventura.  The hotel near the pier does wedding receptions.  I think it's now a Crown Plaza hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on the board in a while, just doing research for friends wedding.  we got married at La Palapa on the beach last year in Long Beach.  It was perfect and the ceremony itself was only $1000.  They have a huge ballroom upstairs but we went for a smaller, more intimate reception in the restaurant.  Great food too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know the feeling with the budget constraint.
    i found a great photographer who worked with my budget.
    best of luck.  he's at www.goesphotography.com

jacky

• Options
    sophi1canobesophi1canobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know if La Palapa offer Ceremony only specials? 

I'm looking for a Ceremony only location, on the beach for about 40 guests. All the vendors I've researched online...well, their pricing is almost as much as the price of my reception! If anyone can offer up ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. 

cheers, sophi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards