Christian Weddings
Options

Packing for HM

For those who have either started packing for your HM or are already married, I need some help. Being 11days away I have start packing but I'm having some trouble.We will be in St Augustine, FL for a week and we don't have like a set interary for the week. Regardless of location, was there anything you would recommend taking for the HM?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Packing for HM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For a general 5-7 day vacation to a warm location I pack like this:

4-5 bathing suits (since I generally live in them on vacation) & 1-2 beach coverups
    3 shorts that I can rotate
    1 pair of jeans (in case a couple of nights are cooler than usual)
    5-7 versatile tanks/short sleeved blouses (things I can wear during the day or out to a casual dinner)
    2 cardigans for cooler nights that can be rotated
    1 set of "gym clothes"
    3 sundresses or something that can be worn to a romantic dinner - I tend to overbring dresses so this depends on personal taste
    4 pairs of shoes, (1 beach flip flop that gets dirty, 1 daytime nicer sandal, 1 fancier sandal, 1 pair of sneakers that you can walk/run/ride bikes in)

This is my general rule of thumb for packing clothes and shoes. I hope that helps a bit :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the list above!

-sun block
    - advil/tylenol 
    - all your travel itineraries 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SUN SCREEN!  And aloe vera with lidocaine.  These will be your friends if you are out in the sun.  Also bring meat tenderizer in case of jellyfish stings.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Joy! I really like that list. And the medicine and aloe/ sun block are biggies too. Fi and I both burn easily. Neither of us are big beach people so I will be surprised if we even go once. I'm open to other ideas too. This is great :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommed maybe packing a bottle of wine or champaigne and a couple of (plastic) wine glasses.  Once you get to your destination, you might not be able to buy these items as cheaply as you can at home, and a romantic night with strawberries and wine (or even grape juice!) sounds lovely.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! And yeah, I didn't list much else but the other girls got it covered :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I didn't know about meat tenderizer for jelly fish stings!!  Neat info!  Good list, by the way.
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That list is awesome, Joy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joy hit everything I would pack.  I'd also print out a google maps with directions to a nearby Walgreens or Target in case you need to get something while there.  Also, if there are restaurants you want to be sure to try, print off directions for that too.

We did an itinerary-less honeymoon and it was heaven.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_packing-hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b122508c-d3bb-48ee-b8e6-7a0eefe80220Post:d322b56f-2b73-429a-ab89-8b89fec30e19">Re: Packing for HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Wow, I didn't know about meat tenderizer for jelly fish stings!!</strong>  Neat info!  Good list, by the way.
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]
    You grow up on the Gulf Coast, you learn these things, lol.  Rub it with some sand then rinse to get out any little stingers that might be in there.  Then you get the meat tenderizer and shake our pour it generously over the affected area and rub gently.  Leave it on for a while.  It's a good idea to take some Benadryl, and then you should be fine.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_packing-hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b122508c-d3bb-48ee-b8e6-7a0eefe80220Post:fedaf760-c492-4ea8-baef-7720b3c032e9">Re: Packing for HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy hit everything I would pack.  I'd also print out a google maps with directions to a nearby Walgreens or Target in case you need to get something while there.  Also, if there are restaurants you want to be sure to try, print off directions for that too. We did an itinerary-less honeymoon and it was heaven.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Fi got a GPS for when we move to NC and it will be joining us for the HM (he's already got our hotel logged in under favorites). And we are also planning on doing an itinerary-less honeymoon. I can't wait. Thanks again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great list girls! I never knew about the meat tenderizer either! I always just go to the lifeguard stand and say "I got stung by a jellyfish" and they give me some kind of spray bottle. Who knows what's in there haha. 

Joy, I overpack dresses too. I don't like the way I look in shorts and they always make them too short haha. So I like to stick with sundresses in the summer as much as I can. 

I can't think of anything else really. Maybe some reading material (books, magazines, etc.) and snacks so you don't have to buy a lot of them there. I am probably the worst person to ask though, because I always pack too much haha! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also:

sunglasses
    sunblock (spf 30+)
    band-aids (small and large)
    first aid ointment
    neosporin
    tweezers
    gauze
    nail clippers
    nail file
    safety pins
    condoms (if using)
    personal lubricant
    fertility monitor and charger, if using, OR
    BCP supply (if using)
    vitamins

a sexy playlist!
    AND half of that sweet lingerie you've been given in the last few months  (save some for when you return home.  No need to let him see it all the first week.)

Ironically, on the night we left for our honeymoon, H and I stopped at a coffee shop at the beginning of what would be a four-hour trip (traffic) to Newark for our flight to Honolulu. It was nearly midnight when we arrived at our hotel in NJ when I realized I had left my purse back in CT!  I traveled to HI without my driver's licence, wallet, cell phone or camera.  Fortunately, my dear old dad was willing to run to the shop at 5 a.m. the next morning to retrieve my purse, which, incredibly, was being held for me!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_packing-hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b122508c-d3bb-48ee-b8e6-7a0eefe80220Post:72fe3a0a-1c76-45f5-9d2c-0dfafd930702">Re: Packing for HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great list girls! I never knew about the meat tenderizer either! I always just go to the lifeguard stand and say "I got stung by a jellyfish" and they give me some kind of spray bottle. Who knows what's in there haha. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]
    Probably vinegar.  That works too, though not quite as well in my opinion.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards