Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Bridal portrait location

What is a good location to take bridal portraits? We took engagements in Jackson square and along the river so I want to do bridals somewhere different. Please help :)

Re: Bridal portrait location

• Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of brides do them in City Park.  Or do something that goes with your theme...I'm going for a tropical vibe so I'm getting my bridal portraits taken on the beach in Pensacola where my parents live.  Your photographer might also have some ideas.  Wherever you go they will turn out beautifully!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a fee involved, but Long Vue House & Gardens allows bridal pictures.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Houma's House in BR has some pretty scenes. My best friend took her's there. They came out very nice and she got lots of shots.  Ask you photographer for suggestions. Often the photographers have some really creative ideas.
  • Options
    leslieanpleslieanp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place in Baton Rouge called Rosedown Plantation. There is a 5 dollar entry fee to go onto the grounds. They have amazing gardens
  • Options
    mhebe49mhebe49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to take them at a plantation! That is what I'm looking for. I'm going to look into longue vue, houmas house, and rosedown. Thanks everyone :)
  • Options
    Jesse WoltzJesse Woltz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you decide to get your bridal portraits made, mhebe49?   The gardens at Houmas House Plantations are beautiful, even at this time of year. I saw brides taking pics just the other day and the pictures were gorgeous!

Jesse Lambert
    Houmas House Plantation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards