October 2012 Weddings
Options

Motivation Lacking

I'm sure many of you ladies, like me, have a million things to do.  WR and non WR.  I have just had the hardest time getting motivated.  I'm not sure if I'm just overwhelmed by having too much going on or I'm burned out from all that I have already done, but between a full time job, graduate school and the wedding I've just hit a wall. Anyone else feeling similarly?  There is always comfort in knowing you aren't alone.
Photobucket

Re: Motivation Lacking

• Options
    I know how you feel. Sometimes I don't have a problem getting things done, but other times I feel I lack the motivation. I'm definitely ready to have the wedding behind us and get on with the marriage. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I completely know that feeling!  I really need to find motivation to write my thank you notes from my shower (it was the 16th).  I need to send them out next Monday at latest and I still have 40 to do.  I really wish my FMIL hadn't invited so many people because that means even more TY notes to write.  
  • Options
    I was extremely burned out and upset last week to the point where I cancelled my dress fitting appointment because I didn't want to try my dress on.  Fortunately the feeling passed.  I had had a stressful florist appointment with my mom, which I think sent me over the edge.  I am excited for my wedding and almost just as excited for my life to go back to normal. 

Hang in there!!
  • Options
    Yes, completely. I'm just burned out from the whole thing and wish it was all over. I'm excited and can't wait for it to be here, but also to be over.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I"M SO TIRED. I think I said the same thing last week when someone had a similar post. I'm just exhausted. I think last week I was burned out b/c of everything we've been doing, plus the new job. Now i'm not really sleeping... i'm stressed and anxious - I know... but come on... i need my beauty rest. I almost cried when I had to get out of bed this morning. I'm only taking one day off before the wedding and now i'm seriously regretting that decision.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, it so nice that you understand.  I'm a very driven and active person, but I just feel like there is so much going on I don't even know where to start and I just don't want to do anything!  Blech!  I knew grad school this semester was going to be tough, but I figured it would only be the first half of the semester that I had wedding related things going on, so I'd be able to deal with it.  I really underestimated the amount of word I'd have this semester.   Just different professors, thus different work load.  Had I known how tough it would be, I might have taken the semester off.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am a little bit I guess, but more than that I'm just exhausted. I slept about 10 hours last night and the night before and I'm still tired.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_motivation-lacking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5c1c5b0e-6af3-4a1d-a88c-7b48bf755cacPost:f1556458-a985-4045-affa-fc971fbd672e">Re: Motivation Lacking</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a little bit I guess, but more than that I'm just exhausted. I slept about 10 hours last night and the night before and I'm still tired.
    Posted by Ividian[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is me. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get now. I'm still tired. I actually got to sleep in this weekend. I slept 'til LUNCH Saturday and until 8 Sunday and was still exhausted. I felt a little guility about sleeping until lunch and then it hit me that I didn't even feel like I had gotten extra rest. I didn't feel so bad about it then. :-) At this point, I think I need about a week to recuperate. lol </div><div>
    </div><div>My mom is the same way. I feel bad for her. At least I have my marriage to look forward to. She's made a few comments that she feels like she's losing me in a way. So... she's feeling exhausted and like she's losing her little girl. :-(

</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh Geieran that's so sad! I think my Mom felt kind of like that when my younger sister married a few years ago. She lives about an hour and a half away from my parents and she got a mother-in-law that she really likes. I only live half an hour away and my FI's mother passed away over ten years ago so I don't think it's a big deal this time around.

Tell her you'll always be her little girl and you love her, she'll love it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, Ividian. I've told her that. We have always been really close. She's my best friend and now that I have that kind of relationship with my F, it causes a kind of natural change with my mom and me. We will still be close, but there's no way it can be the same. She knows this and she's not the kind to try and hold me back or anything. I can just see her having to adjust. I know it's hard for her. 

I'm just going to try and make sure that after our honeymoon I try to make extra time for us to get together to help her adjust. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I know how you feel! I've been trying to find a new job, applying for jobs like crazy, writting cover letters and doing a little bit of interviewing. Also I'm packing, cleaning and fixing up my house so I can sell it and move to Colorado after the wedding, FI lives there. We had to find a place to live in Colorado and set that up. I'm working in KC and living in STL so i'm commuting back and forth on a weekly basis along with working full time and taking an online class. I don't want to do anything but sleep ever! I'm super excited for the wedding but I'm just ready to be in the same city as my FI and married with a new job, a sold house and new place for us to live and call OURS! I keep thinking "UGH is it October 20th yet?" but honestly I have so many things I need to do I'm not ready for it to be October 20th yet! Yell
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards