Wedding Etiquette Forum

Jewelry etiquette

I bought myself this really bling necklace a while back ( I will probably wear it for my own wedding). I'm attending a wedding tomorrow and I'm wondering if it's okay to wear it. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to out bling the bride, but at the same time I paid over a hundred bucks for this necklace and it would be nice to wear it more than once in my life (weddings are really the only occassion that I dress up. Do you think it's too much for a guest? It looks similar to the pic below. I don't want to look ridiculous and I certainly don't want to cause offence.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jewelry etiquette

• As long as you're not wearing it with a white dress, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • If it is a formal wedding, and as loopy said, you don't wear a white dress, you will be fine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jewelry-ettiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:27d91b53-0f61-4782-8cfd-9ad50fba78d3Post:42ea7528-dc9d-407b-b15d-c55ee9401dc1">Re: Jewelry ettiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you're not wearing it with a white dress, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

This.

See that headband I am wearing in my sig pic?  You bet your butt I will be wearing that to any upcoming evening weddings (that aren't casual of course) or any fancy dinners out because that sucker cost me $400.

I don't care what any guests wears to a wedding, they will never "out shine" or "out bling" a bride because they will never have what a bride has a big wedding dress and that a just married glow.

• Thanks everyone. I feel much better now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's totally and completely, 100% NMS, but I agree with everyone else.
  • As long as it's a formal wedding.  Anything more on the casual side might get you some funny looks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards