Canada-Ontario
Options

Hair and Make-up Help

Hey Ladies,
I just went to book with my hairdresser and they gave me a hard time about coming in early to accomodate my bridal party. My hairdresser is in Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket which worked out well because I planned on us all going to Mac to have our make-up done afterward. 

However, I was told that they probably wouldn't be able to come in before 9, maybe 8 at best and after our makeup we would get out of there at 11:30 or 12.  Mt wedding is at 1 and I live in Richmond Hill - not gonna work for me!! I couldn't believe they expected me to be ok with that.  It looks like I'm going to have to find a new hairdresser and I'd like to find one closer to home.  I'd also like to try out a few, any suggestions in the Richmond Hill area, for make-up as well???  My wedding is in February so I need to get on this ASAP. I do not want to go to a hairdresser for the very first time on my wedding day.

Thanks!

Re: Hair and Make-up Help

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi sbonotto,

Try http://www.mobilemakeovers.ca/. They came recommended on a couple of other sites I'm on - also try Alisa Lyons Hair & Makeup.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Will do, thanks for your input Jewel!

• Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're giving you so much grief about it, they're not worth it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending you a pm!
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with PP you need to find a stylist that will accomodate you. for makeup try going to a MAC counter and ask if they do weddings. often many MAC artists do. they may very well be able to recommend a hair stylist too.
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used a MAC artist from Markville mall and she travels.  Came all the way up to Huntsville for a friend's wedding.  She is amazing and lots of fun.  PM me if you want her e-mail. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_hair-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:3bc57a6d-91ec-4593-a992-3a849d5755a3Post:e59b8ce6-5339-4c19-ad54-3fb34fe28c28">Re: Hair and Make-up Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they're giving you so much grief about it, they're not worth it.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly. Most reputable places will work around your wedding day schedule.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support ladies, I was pretty surprised at the reaction I got.  I expected them to be a lot more helpful, especially since I've been going to them for years.
  • Options
    orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Left you an email with the info you wanted :)
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little surprised they wouldn't offer to come to your home since you're a long time client.  I might even rethink about going back there for future services, but that's your call to make.  I know were it to happen me, I would be a little resentful towards them.  I
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else, they should be willing to work within your schedule. 

If you're still looking for MUA, I know of a great one who is just starting and is in Scarborough but she will travel to Richmond Hill I'm sure. PM if you want her contact info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm definitely keeping an eye out for another hairdresser.  I was really unhappy with the way they brushed me off. Sure seems like they don't want my business.

Thanks for all the tips everyone, I'm good for make-up now just looking for a hairdresser...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards