Washington-Seattle

Found the Cake I Want!!!

So my venue is making our cake as part of our one stop shop there. But they need a pic to go off of, and to make sure it's not too tough for the chef to make. Anyways, I watch Cake Boss and there was one on there, this psycho bride ruined her first cake and then he made her another one, and that's it! I FINALLY found a pic of it, and it's in my planning bio under cakes... duh, ha! Let me know what you think!! I think it would be easy to recreate, don't you think??
Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone

Re: Found the Cake I Want!!!

• edited December 2011
    I saw this episode too. I think it is really pretty and shouldn't be too hard, althogh I think to get the lines straight and spacing right could be really tedious.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • mochikomochiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nice chioce!! ii loved that cake!!! its so sad how that bitchy bride didnt appreciate it, cuz it was beautiful. buddy really stepped it up in spite of her evilness. go buddy!
  • mochikomochiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and i dont think it should be too hard to recreate, as long as you can find that tool he uses to create the lines for the quilted look. so pretty!
  • edited December 2011

Yeah, that chick was psycho!! I never had that 'this is it!'  moment with my wedding dress, but I sure had that 'this is it!' moment with that cake when I watched the episode. I would think the chef at my venue would have that tool to do the quilting. They make wedding cakes there, so you would think... guess i'll find out!

• edited December 2011
    that chick was crazy. but that show is totally staged. a little ridiculous!

but the cake is beautiful! awesome job!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this episode and wonder if this bride wasn't sort of acting this way for tv... like if they told her to go in the back and ruin the cake because if not.... boy should she be ashamed!

Any-hoo the cake is absolutely amazing and I think it goes in great with all of your color choices and theme from your bio! Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it was staged too. Who would let some girl into the kitchen? It was pretty random, and the way she acted, it was like she wasn't even pissed. She was trying not to laugh, I thought she was a bad actress. But they gotta get ratings, right?
  • edited December 2011
    I think these swarovski penguins would be a cute topper. You could use the ice flow ones, or splurge and buy two sets to use the individual penguins together.

Pretty cake.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is quite the cake. I think that it can def be copied. I love the first penguin cake topper. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards