Massachusetts-Boston

i dont think ill ever book a venue :[

first things first we are on a strict budget, and cant afford 18,000 for a venue. secondly we are having a small wedding aound 60-80 people. So a huge venue isnt neccessary.

anyone suggest a cheap but nice venue?

my SO wants to book the light house room at Danversport Yacht club but im concerened the dance floor is way too small....ah cant wait.

Re: i dont think ill ever book a venue :[

• sackersonsackerson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing our reception at the Squantum Yacht Club in Quincy (right on Wollaston Beach).  It's a nice space with a huge deck that looks out on the skyline. It has a capacity of 130 I think.  It's $450 for a four hour rental and you bring in your own food.  Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    I recently went to a wedding at Zorvino Vineyards in Sandown, NH, that was absolutely perfect. It was about 60-80 people also, and the bride and groom held it on a Thursday night to cut down on costs. It was a perfect venue. I highly recommend it.

I agree about Danversport. I love it there, but would only use the big ballroom. I don't think the other rooms are worth the price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Andover Country Club
    Indian Ridge Country Club in Andover
    Knights of Columbus in Nahant
    Castleton in Windham, NH
  • edited December 2011
    Independence Harbor in Assonet is pretty. And I think their pricing is  pretty reasonable.
  • Mo2T&OMo2T&O member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are or close you want to stay but I'm getting married at the Groveland Fairways (45 minutes north of Boston) and its absolutely beautiful and it's really inexpensive.

Good luck, you'll find something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CapeMJA84CapeMJA84 member
    edited December 2011
    Saphire Estate in Sharon for South Shore or Gloucester Elks for North Shore.  Don't know much about either as far as what they offer, but I've been to small weddings at both and they're gorgeous.
  • AlyssaC417AlyssaC417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Groveland Fairways!
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    edited December 2011
    I third Groveland Fairways!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    im in the north shore..thanks guy ill check out Groveland Fairways
  • rsmiles77rsmiles77 member
    edited December 2011
    Another one to consider is Diburro's in Haverhill....from what I've heard it's very affordable and pretty. Good luck!
  • Meggie32080Meggie32080 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elks in Gloucester is a good size and honestly you will be fine at Danversport.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards