Maryland-Baltimore
Options

wedding at the BMI

Hi, I'm getting married at the Baltimore Museum of Industry next summer, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I need to find a caterer from their list - so far I've looked into Absolutely Perfect, Atlantic, Hunt Valley, and Cameo.  Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of food and level of service of these caterers??  Any recommendations I haven't mentioned?   Also, if anyone is familiar with this venue and has any ideas/suggestions about any aspect of having a wedding there, I'd really appreciate your input.  Thanks so much.

Re: wedding at the BMI

• Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My friend had her reception at the BMI.  I'm not sure who all she used, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed it.  It's such a neat venue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Atlantic!!!! Seriously, they are awesome. They catered my wedding (at another venue) and my friends who attended my wedding loved them so much, they hired them for their wedding at the BMI this past December. The staff is great, the food is amazing, and their prices are great.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think someone else on this board used Chef's Expression for her BMI wedding. Classic Catering is another option, but they're a little pricey. I looked into them for another venue and didn't have the best experience, but I've never heard a bad thing about their food.
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there this August (yikes!!).  I'm going with Atlantic, based on my experiences with them through email, etc and the recommendations from the girls on this board.  Kristin is great to work with and their prices are pretty unbeatable.  They have open tastings every few months and will arrange additional ones if you feel it's necessary.  I looked at some others - Saschas would have been my second choice - but I felt/feel like Atlantic is the right choice. 

If you have any other questions, just let me know.  There are still a few details I haven't worked out yet (mainly to do with the ceremony and the logistics of everything), but I'm happy to help. There are a few more of us getting married there this summer but we're all on pretty sporadically, unfortunately.  Email me - amyreese AT verizon DOT net if you need anything!
  • Options
    Kasee127Kasee127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls-
    I am thinking about having my wedding at the BMI August 2011.  I received the rates and had questions on the Insurance coverage part of the agreement, any feedback on that?  Also, who did the wedding with just the Pavilion and Point and how was it?  I'm not sure if I should use the pavilion for the wedding and reception or the Decker Gallery? 

would love any feedback!  thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards