Tennessee
Options

Knoxville Brides

I am feeling very alone in the wedding planning world. None of my bridesmaids or family really want to help or even talk about my wedding with me. I suppose it isn't exciting unless the wedding is your own. Anyway I wrote this post to see if there were any other brides in the area that were feeling likewise. If so perhaps we could have a group meeting and discuss ideas. I would love to meet some new people in this town. :)

Re: Knoxville Brides

• Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of feeling the same way. My dad of all people has actually started helping me with some stuff though. Are you from Knoxville? I live just outside Knoxville and have grown up here.
  • Options
    devon&ashleydevon&ashley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I live in West Knoxville. Here is my email if you want to talk about anything, It's hard to get excited when nobody else seems to care. That makes planning stressfull. Let's help each other. 
    a.vinson91@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I'm a West Knoxville bride - well, just married. PM me any time. My bridesmaids and all of my family were in other states as well so I can sympathize a little bit.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    crna2010crna2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel ya girl! We just picked our venue and date a few days ago! I'm overwhelmingly excited of course, but I'm finding it hard to get my family pumped! I have the best father in the world, but he is very old school! He is under the impression a wedding should cost around, well....I think he channels the courthouse! hah! Nonetheless, this is our day and we should feel as excited as we want! I'm finding that if I give my family "jobs" they start to feel more involved.  Maybe you can try that! Hope it helps!

From one beautiful bride to another,

Emily
  • Options
    aroach7aroach7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, I feel the same way. My wedding is in 18 days and my family barely says a word to me about it. Not to mention all of my bridesmaids are scattered all over the place so it's just me and my FI doing everything!
  • Options
    katbikekatbike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH! same here! haha I was feeling this exact thing.

Though the FI's mom has been great about being excited - she lives out of state. :/

And my bridesmaids - I feel like I now know why people pick so many. I picked 2 w/ an honorary one who doesn't like to dress up and be in front of crowds. 

I invited them over for weekend tea and to work on wedding stuff. I've been practically begging for help - and I suppose they want to help - they are just not as excited as I am. :/ 

And so I feel like I'm doing this all alone. Blerg!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards