Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Brides helping brides??

Hi I am new to the boards and recently engaged and after reading soo many posts I was shocked that one thing was missing...

Why isn't there a place for local brides to help each other?  Especially for those on a tight budget?  For  example, I use to own a homemade chocolates candy store and my family and I made cakes, desserts and did catering for a living a few years back, so I'd love to offer discount services to someone who may be able to help me in an area that I need help, maybe Photographer, or DJ, a venue etc....  I think if more people came together and use their expertise to help each other, it would save many of us a lot of money!  What are some thoughts?

Re: Brides helping brides??

• edited February 2012
    Vendors are not allowed to solicit their businesses on the community forums. What you are suggesting would violate The Knot's policies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I wasn't thinking of vendors, I was just thinking of people with different skill sets helping others that are creatively challenged.  Seems like a no brainer to me, especially for those that are trying to stay on a small budget. Do to the lack of replies maybe the site is more for the large budget people?  I don't know.
  • You are not offering your services for free but for a fee.  Even if reduced, you are not permitted to discuss it on these boards.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I feel like i am being attacked by voltures..lol  My Goodness, I was simply asking why dont people HELP EACH OTHER free or not????  What in the world is with all the "KNOT POLICE"  I dont get the big deal.... Dont worry I'm done asking anayhting about help, pretty soon people will be knocking at my door with handcuffs.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards