Plus-Sized

Facial before the wedding?

I went to a bridal expo today and talked with a variety of people including an Arbonne rep. They host "chocolate spa" parties with European facials and aromatherapy foot spa. I thought it would be nice to host a party with my bridal party and my mom when everyone is in town for the wedding. It would be on a Thursday night and my wedding is on Saturday afternoon. Is this too close to the wedding for a facial? I've never used Arbonne products so I don't know how my face would react but I thought it would be a fun treat for everyone.

Re: Facial before the wedding?

• I've heard 10 days, because you never know how you'll react to something.  Maybe you just get a little red, maybe you break out in head to toe hives.  But then again, I'm cursed with VERY sensitive skin, so I'm pretty cautious. 
  • I would def say 7-10 days.. And def tell them your about to be married.. Different facials are for different things.. some facials are actually made to bring out all the impuriteis.. so, something like that would make you break out. Some are made to calm your skin and just tighten pores.

Just make sure you go to a licensed Esthetician!
  • Agree with PP's. 7-10 at least! You never know how you will react to it or anyone else joining you. FI bought me a spa package for Christmas and I haven't used it yet. I have been too busy and I have showers and bridal pictures coming up that I didn't want to be broke out for. I would def ask them questions about it and make sure they are licensed!
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I would go with 2-3 weeks at least.  I got a facial one time and my skin had a horrid reaction to whatever product they were using.  I have had plenty of facials in the past with no problems.  It took my skin about 3 weeks to completely recover.   
  • if its a new product you want to try it out at least a month before your wedding and then if you want another one as PP have said 7-10 days before

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would be a little cautious introducing anything new to my face that close to the wedding. I was at an Arbonne party a few months ago, and one of the ladies there had a bad reaction to something she tried on her face.

Everyone's skin is soo different. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards