Hawaii
Options

First fitting!

Hi B2B's!

I have my first dress fitting tomorrow - so exciting! (I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight...), is there any tips anyone can give me? anything I need to try in my dress, ask the seamstress, check for etc?

Re: First fitting!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you have everything you'll be wearing with the dress with you - bra, any other undergarments that may affect the fit of the dress, any crinolin/underskirt if you have one, and shoes.  

I had my bra cups sewn into the dress so I wouldn't have to deal with extra clothes under my dress the day of the wedding - if that's something you're interested in they're pretty cheap and not hard for the seamstress to add.

If the dress is being taken in make sure they fit above AND below the waist - I didn't know that and they only took in the top so when I went back the dress looked weird at the waist and I had to pay extra money for them to take in the bottom part of the waist.

When they're done pinning look over everything in the mirror! Check around the skirt to make sure everything looks even and make sure they show you the different bustle options so you can see which one you like the best.

Be prepared for it be expensive! I'd seen people say they paid $400 in alterations and I thought surely mine would be cheaper - nope.  Every little thing being done adds up fast so go in expecting it to be expensive so that if it's not you'll be pleasently surprised :)

Oh and my dress might have just more it needed done but it took and hour and half for everything to be pinned and fitted for me and my knees were killing me from having to stand straight for that long so take breaks if you need it :D

Good luck!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome thanks Suwannee79!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So how did the fitting go?? :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It went so well! It fits perfect!

The only thing they have to do is take up the hem.  Even the fittings lady keep looking at me going "this never happens, we always have to make at least one alteration".

I was even lucky enough to meet the designer who was in the store! (I bought it from an Australian designer Johanna Johnson http://www.johannajohnson.com/).

I'm so excited! I pick it up next Wednesday, luckily a friend is looking after it for me otherwise I think I'd keep trying it on again and again and again...lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Any photos? I love Johanna Johnson dresses; they are so sleek and beautiful. Congrats on such an easy fitting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards