New York-Long Island

This board stinks!

What is no one getting married in Long Island?! I thought Long Island girls never shut up and its silent over here!! I Give up!
imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!

Re: This board stinks!

• edited December 2011
    I tried! 
  • fion18fion18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a lot of long island girls are on li weddings . com 
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't like liweddings.com.  It's all MUD
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My month/year board is really active. Maybe they'll be better. It seems this board is just dead. I've never even seen the mod post.
  • leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a brooklyn girl getting married in LI.  This was a very quick change from my original plans..but I'm excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brooke1017Brooke1017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You're thinking of a different breed of human when it comes to those types. Don't fit every Long Island girl in one category.

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_this-board-stinks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:a505672f-479a-468d-aa67-c50d9a3a9212Post:d180309c-2304-48bc-9800-21375e594e8c">Re: This board stinks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]a lot of long island girls are on li weddings . com 
    Posted by fion18[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I can't stand LIW.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't post on  LIW because of the ridiculous freedom of speech restrictions placed by Ron, Kim and Liz on the board. I'm sorry but if you ask total strangers about opinions about your review, your dress, your CP ideas, etc and don't like the answers thay say "it looks ugly, dont do it!", then why bother asking that question in the first place!!???? Plus LIW blocks negative reviews of certain vendors - I remember a post about R J Limos and the bride posted her terrible experience with them and LIW just deleted the entire thread. LIW just deletes anything that discusses negative stuff about vendors, vendors which I would not book with if the story was indeed true...Seriously, who does that crap?!?!?

I hate LIW. Its sad how some brides think that because everyone else uses a certain vendor or dress or idea, that means they have to use it too. Its pathetic how much peer pressure there is on that board.Also, there is so much more "NWR" (not wedding related) posts on that board that its useless to go there anymore because I have to spend more time weeding though bull---hit threads about their personal drama than just getting info about specific wedding items I want/need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards