Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridesmaid Dresses... long or short?!

Our wedding is in March and i'm not sure if I want long dress or short?! Since we are in south LA i don't want my girls to be uncomfortable but we will only be outside for the ceremony and i was thinking of a chiffon fabric, something very light and airy-- my question is should i stick with what i really want or switch to short dresses so they are comfortable? 

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses... long or short?!

• momtobrimomtobri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married this July and I honestly let my bridesmaids pick out whichever dress they were more comfortable in.  I wasn't a fan of them all having the same dress, just the same color.  Well they ended up liking the same dress anyway and it's a chiffon fabric and they love it!  I would go with whatever makes you happier!
  • edited December 2011

If you want them to have long dresses, then have long dresses. I would talk to them about it though since they are the ones wearing the dresses and see if they have a preference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • delaune87delaune87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One has shared her thoughts and while i'm not crazy about the short dresses we will have to see what they look like tomorrow! Thank you for the posts! 
  • sostrandersostrander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married next March (3/24/2012).  Considering it snowed this past March, I am not sure whether to have long or short bridesmaid dresses.  I like the shorter look (just slightly above the knee), but you never know with St. Louis weather.  It could be 90 degress.  I guess it ultimately really doesn't matter but wanted some feedback.  Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards