Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

XP: Disposable Cameras from theknot RANT!

So fortunately and unfortunately. I purchased 20 wedding disposable cameras from theknot.com store. I bought them last year since the expiration date wasn't until a year after our wedding. Sunday was my wedding shower and so my mother decided to test out two of them. Luckily she had and we didn't just depend on them on the wedding. BUT not a single one of the photo's came out!!! I was so so disappointed. My mother used up two cameras and out of a combined 60 pictures we got one. When we had them developed Target called us and asked us to come down. He said he sees this very often with the wedding disposable cameras because they are refurbished and shipped over to other countries and often replaced with cheap film and the flash doesn't work. Well now we're stuck with 18 other cameras that don't work. I really wanted to let everyone know so you can be prepared in advance should you decide to buy them. ....imo don't waste your money!

Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: XP: Disposable Cameras from theknot RANT!

• Options
    photogbride12photogbride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Disposable cameras for weddings are a total waste of money regardless. The photos never come out because no one remembers to use the flash, and half of them get taken home with people anyway. People will bring their digital cameras to the wedding - you're better off setting up an album everyone can upload to after the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hm well that sucks. I bought some from the knot store intending to set up a photo scavenger hunt for each table. (just simple, silly things that will help us fill our "casual" photo album!) hope the cameras decide to work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alidee that was the purpose for ours as well. We found some really cute photo hunts and got the disposable cameras for kids and older folks who might not have digital. I wasn't worried so much about people taken them home in the end.

I just wanted people to know so maybe they will test theirs out sooner like we did or go else where for it. I'm just extremely disappointed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got cameras from the knot store for our wedding and didn't have a problem, have you talked to customer service about getting replacements? Also, I made an online album for people to post their digitial photos to, and even though I included the link to it and the request for people to post their pics there, not a single one did). 

With the disposables though, we got about 10 and they were put out on a few tables and one at the bar - the bartender took a lot of pictures of people who came up there which was different, and a lot of the other ones were the kids taking pictures (and I thought it was cute to see all the adults from the kids short perspectives)

Good luck! Hope you get your money back...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks monique, I have contacted customer service but no response yet. I did it through e-mail. I will try with the phone number tomorrow.
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, great tip.  We were unsure if we were going to put cameras on tables at all (i've heard horrible stories of kids taking pics of their hands and clothes) since we'll only have a photographer for a short while at the reception.  I think we've officially decided to go with asking friends to take pics of other guests (heck, i've got 1 friend who is a professional and another who just loves to take pics)!

Thanks for the tip!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards