October 2013 Weddings

First Dance Song

Have you chosen yours?

Without thinking too much, I like "In My Life" (Beatles). I mentioned to FI, he agreed, but wondered if it was "overdone." But then said, "Yeh, maybe that could work nicely."

Just double checked the lyrics - is it weird as in, do you think of past relationships? Just wondering. Or is that what makes it the perfect first dance song - I love him more? Am I overthinking this?

I adore Coldplay and we went to see them together last summer - "Yellow" could be a cool option as well.

Just did some googling - Ben Taylor does a cover of "I Will" that's pretty nifty as well. Is "Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins appropriate?  (And FYI - my sn is sewinlovewith DMB - DMB is FI's initiatls, not Dave Matthews Band)

Any thoughts? What are you doing? Of Beatles/Coldplay styles (I am not a music buff, but am fans of both) what do you like? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: First Dance Song

• We are either doing Shenandoah- I want to be loved like that, or Frank Sinatra- Something Stupid. The second song has meaning, the first song, we both really like.

• We chose Dave Matthews "You and Me".
    In the current Knot they have like 100 songs for first dance. You should check it out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. We met protesting against Scientology, so it makes sense to use the unofficial theme of anti-Scientology Anonymous.

• I like ZBB's "Whatever It Is"
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't brought myself to think about this subject at all! I really dont want to do a first dance at all, but FI really does! I am sure I will give in at some point... lol
    cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like Songbird by Eva Cassidy but I need to find the right version of it, in its original form its a little to long.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• We were originally planning on "Hold On" by Michael Buble, but then we randomly heard "The Way You Smile" by Newsong and it fits us so well that we're going with that now!  

It was important to us to go with something not super mainstream, but in the end we knew whatever we picked had to "feel" right to us.  I get teary-eyed when I listen to "The Way You Smile" even though it's really upbeat.
  • We are dancing to Lifehouse " You and Me".  We always dance to this song.  Fiance is using "In My Life" a remake version the one found in the Sleepys commercials to dance with his mom.  I think it is a great song.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In My Life was my aunt and uncle's wedding song : We are doing our first dance to Thank You by Led Zeppelin
  • Love that you are doing Led Zeppelin. My girls and I are walking down the aisle to led zeppelin's bron y aur.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay another Zeppelin fan! We both love classic rock and Thank You is actually a really beautiful song. Keeps true to our rock and roll roots while still being romantic.
  • My FI and I are trying to decide on our first dance song too. Our choices are Your Song by Elton John and Into the Mystic by Van Morrison.

I like the idea of "Yellow"! good song
  • My fi and I chose Eternal Flame by the Bangles.
  • Right now we are thinking "Me&You" by Kenny Chesney. However, we both like Michael Buble, so we may go with "Crazy Love". I ideally want to pick a song that we will still hear 10 years from now randomly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards