Wedding Party

I Want a WP...He Doesn't... :(

Title says it all!

Wedding is in August 2013 and I know if we are going to have a wedding party, we need to ask people within the next month or two. I want a wedding party (probably 4 people on my side), but my FI doesn't want one at all. He doesn't have any close friends really and if he chose anyone it would be his little brother and his best friend...thats it. I'm fine with that, but I want my best (guy) friend as "man of honor" and then three girlfriends as bridesmaids.

But he doesn't want it uneven, and would rather nix the whole wedding party as a whole. I wanna cry every time we talk about it, cuz he is really stuck with having none and I really want my close friends up there! 

What to do?!? We've even been avoiding the topic because we know we will argue! :( 

HELP!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Paris & Joel/Began Dating: 2/16/2011/ Engaged: 8/19/2012/ Wedding Date: 8/17/2013
SURPRISE! Due Date: 10/15/2013

Re: I Want a WP...He Doesn't... :(

• I totally agree with you! 

He has an issue with making it "look" like he doesn't have friends if he doesn't have anyone and I do...self confidence stuff, but I try! 

Thanks for the advice though...I'll definitely bring up the Princess Diana thing!
    Paris & Joel/Began Dating: 2/16/2011/ Engaged: 8/19/2012/ Wedding Date: 8/17/2013
  • Yeah, he is. I think he might end up choosing his  brother, but I'm not sure...just have to do some convincing! lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_i-want-a-wphe-doesnt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a49c8ac1-f91c-417e-8093-f4d6d2847a54Post:5521fdfd-d6e2-4a34-ac00-322fd93394c8">Re: I Want a WP...He Doesn't... :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]If he's worried about it looking even (which we all realize is silly), just have 2 of your 4 stand on his side.  
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]
     I really like this idea. It is almost like its saying "We don't need to choose sides, our wedding about us being together, and your friends are my friends." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are lots of ways to avoid it looking uneven.. especially in pictures. Photographers these days are awesome and can totally make it so it doesn't look weird at all in pictures, I have seen some really creative stuff. We will also have uneven sides 2 moh 2 bm's.. 2best men 3gm and 2 ushers whom we plan to have in all the photos.. and i'm not at all worried about it. We are leaving our guys up by the groom and our bm's and moh's will walk down solo. On the way back down after the ceremony we are having one walk with one and then the final groomsmen will see if he can get the ring bearer and flower girl to walk with him (he is their dad) since they are so young, if they have wandered off by then, then we will have him walk wit the final other groomsmen and bridesmaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards