Pennsylvania

silk vs fresh flowers

I am trying to decide which is best to do:  silk flowers or fresh flowers?  The idea of silk is good because you can keep the bouquet forever.  Fresh Flowers will die and I think to get them preserved is probably expensive.  Everyone also said that silk is cheaper. I looked at some silk flowers at michaels and nothing really caught my eye.  I am also not the best at putting them together.  If anyone has an opinion or suggestion or location on where to get flowers please let me know.  Thanx :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: silk vs fresh flowers

• edited December 2011
    What area are u looking in? I'm using silk for exactly those reasons!!!! I did go through a florist (Rosette's in Dunmore) to order them. They aren't quite like the ones you see at michael's... she orders really nice silk flowers that look almost exactly like the real ones.... some of them maybe spot on. They are cheaper too b/c u don't have to worry about if they are in season and you can pretty much do whatever colors you want w/o having to pay dying/dipping costs, etc.
    Amy & Eric 10-16-10
  • blnovakblnovak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    REAL REAL REAL FLOWERS! You can always get your real flower bouquet dried and preserved. And the real flowers look so nice in pictures and in person. Silk flowers can really get cheesy.

I am definitely taking the extra little expense in real flowers. To me, personally, (and I don't mean to offend) but silk flowers remind me of weddings from when I was a kid in 1987.
  • edited December 2011
    we did real flowers for the bouquets.  I had one fake-flower arrangement done on our guestbook table and it is beautiful.  Not cheesy and tacky - but now we have a beautiful arrangement for our home to keep.

I threw away all of the real flowers. sure they looked nice but they were a lot of money for basically someone that became trash.  I only did flowers because they were SO cheap from the place where i got my chair covers.  otherwise my girls and i would have been empty handed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards