Chit Chat
Options

send me strength, support, and wisdom

I'm not sure where else to go with this.  And I have to do something with it, otherwise it's just going to eat away at me.  

My Fiance just called me to tell me how a doctors visit went earlier.  It's not good.  They've found 3 spots on his lungs.

He's understandable pissed at the world right now.  He's going to get more tests and see another doctor on thursday.  He told me he's turning off his phone til then; and asked that I don't call because he doesn't want to go off on me.  Said he'd call me Thursday after the docotor's.  This whole situation makes me just want to cry.

I lost both my grandfathers; old men; to lung cancer.  My Fiance is only 24.  We've only been together two years; engaged since last August.  We rarely go more then a few hours with out talking.  And now I find out I may be loosing him; before we can even get married and start the life we've been planning.Cry

Re: send me strength, support, and wisdom

• Options
    Oh love, 
    He needs you more now than you can ever imagine. Give him his space and be there with open arms when he is ready. Just don't give him the slightest idea that you don't want him. I don't know if you believe in God, but i will say Pray and have faith in God. Your fiance needs your love and support. I want you to listen to this song.
    ROb's wife had cancer and he wrote this song for her and i think it will help you a bit. 
    my name is clementine and if you want to talk feel free to email me and i'll give you my number. Clementinebrewer@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Sending the best of thoughts/prayers your way! Try to be strong for him because I am sure he is just scared and needs some time to think about what he has just learned.

• Options
    My thoughts are prayers are with you, your fiance, and  your families.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Sending you both lots of prayers and warm hugs.  I hope you will update us as you know more.  This is a great place to find some good support.  My thoughts are with you both.
  • Options
    Sending T&P your way. He is confused and doesn't know what he's doing right now, and he is trying to figure out the way that is the easiest on both of you. Take that worry out of his hands and make sure that he knows that you're there for him, even if he happens to need his distance.
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fiance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Praying for the both of you! Please don't jump to conclusions right away. And please don't research it on the internet. It'll do nothing but give you bad answers and make you worry! Keep us updated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i'm sorry you all have to go through this right now. just as the others have said, the only thing you can do is be there for him when he's ready. take things one step at a time. *hug*

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their warm caring responses.

My FI sent me a text last night to let me know he made it through the tests and such.  We didn't get to actually talk because he wasn't feeling up to it.  But we did text back and forth for a bit.  I made sure not to push for information; and just reminded him that I love him.  

Hoping we get a chance to actually talk today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards