Military Brides
Options

Wedding plans..

how is everyone wedding plans going? I'm in the home stretch.. im so excited!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding plans..

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! How are your plans? 

I'm right behind you, but I still have a bunch of stuff to do - programmes, final dress fitting, parent gifts, etc..

But I feel like I'm in good shape generally.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya same here, I am finishing up the deals for the food, location, dj, photographer, and final dress fitting.. lol it took me forever to get everything done, because the location kept changing on me. I have been planning my wedding since nov of 2008, so it has been a long time coming. so what are your wedding colors? any military themes?
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    edited December 2011
    My colours are spring green and royal blue. FI is wearing his mess dress and we're having the sabre arch and all. 

Are you taking a honeymoon?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

No honeymoon for us, since we can't afford it right now.. we are planning our 5 yr, so it is like in 3 yrs. We have already been married for 2 yrs.. where are you going? my colors are pink and blue...

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    edited December 2011
    His parents were nice enough to give us their airline miles and Marriott Rewards points, so we are spending 5 days in Rome and 10 in Paris virtually for free. Then we'll be back in the States for 4 days before we PCS to Cairo. 

Any ideas where you want to go for your 5 year trip? Do you have/want any kids?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm we want to go to Hawaii, but I've always wanted to go to Germany or somewhere in Europe. We were planning on having kids after the wedding this time, but a deployment has crapped out the plans. But we want 2 kids.. I'm so jealous of your honeymoon, lols I want to come haha.. wow my wedding is in 1 mth today.. lol the cake tasting was crappy today, we went the lady wasn't there.. :( what kind of cake you want?
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    edited December 2011
    You should totally come on our honeymoon :-P

We are having a mixed cake - each layer has five layers of cake in it, so we are alternating chocolate and vanilla cake with chocolate pudding filling and vanilla buttercream icing. It's so yummy! 

Are you going back for another tasting?
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Rach! 

Do you have any pictures you can share yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya I have to go back on tuesday to order the cake.. I hate these people! thanks for the advice! :)
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow congrats Rach, that's gorgeous!

You guys are so close, I've still got four and a half months. I'm impatient but I'm getting really excited!

We're almsot set on our cake. We went and visited the bakery and he gave us a sample and it was delicious. It went like this:

Top to bottom:
    white whip cream frosting
    vanilla cake
    thin layer of raspeberry filling
    chocolate cake
    chocolate mousse
    vanilla cake
    vanilla mousse
    chocolate cake

Or something like that, you get the idea. So we're having that for one, maybe two tiers. Doing to do three total.

We also did our food tasting and met our chaplain.

Our big things to do are assembling center pieces and favors. Getting FIs blues, he should be an officer by the wedding. We also need to get all that paper work done and it's a mess right now.

Also addressing and sending invites and doing my fittings and stuff. Plus we need to pick out the guys tuxs. We have two civilian groomsmen. But those are the only HUGE things I can think of.

FIs military stuff is the biggest priority right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards