Missouri-Kansas City

Where to Find Bridesmaid Dresses?

I need a suggestion for where to find cute bridesmaid dresses. I really want to avoid using David's Bridal if possible.  I have 6 girls living in various cities accross the country, which poses a bit of a challenge. Does anyone know of a local store that is easy to work with and has decent customer service?

Re: Where to Find Bridesmaid Dresses?

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mia's and Gown Gallery would be my recs.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my gown at Ida's, because of that I get 20% off of my bridesmaids dresses. I went to bella bridesmaid with my girls and they were soooo pricey, and we didn't even find anything that was cute. So I went back to Ida's, which I thought was nice because we didn't need an appointment. They have tons of dresses and I just pulled from the rack a bunch that I liked and let the girls decide on one they liked. The two we are down to (floor length) are about $140-$170, compared to $250-$400 at bella.
    Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours from Emily Hart, which is where I got my dress since they got 15% off. I had 2 BM's out of town as well. If you ordered your dress from a store other than DB, you might want to look into it. :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at a ton of bridal stores but I felt totally pressured to order right then or I wouldn't get it in time. Too much stress. Sooo ... we got dresses from Nordstrom and everyone LOVES them. Additionally, they were a great price and require limited alterations. Dillards, Ann Taylor, and stores like that also have nice dresses that would be a fit. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got my wedding dress from Nolte's. They have two locations- one store (the one in Leawood) has the wedding dresses and some flower girl dresses, and the location that is in Briarcliff has BM dresses. There is a list of the designers they carry on the website. However, many of the dresses were too pricy for my girls (tthey are all students and on budgets) and the service wasn't gtreat when I was there (at least in the Northland store, the Leawood store has great service!) The second store I went to was Ida's in Overland Park and it was wonderful! I wish i had gotten my dress there! Everyone was so friendly and there are some great selections and the prices are more reasonible! We ended up picking two similar dresses, one was strapless (because my MOH really wanted strapless haha) and then a dress that was a V-neck for everyone else. Both by the same designer. The V neck was $145, and the strapless was $185. I would have rather have gone a little cheaper, which would have been possible cause they have many dresses that are in the $120 range. I would reccomend that store, it is on 95 and Metcalf across from the Macys.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and I frogot to mention , I have a BM that lives in Oklahoma as well. All she had to do was get measured at any tailor or bridal store near her and call in her measurements. It was super easy!Wink
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the advice! I found a great dress on Macy's website that I think we are going to go with. It's adorable AND on sale Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late but would suggest J Crew.com. They have some really great colors and sales. My girls got their dresses for about $43 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards