Rhode Island

Renting Suits/Tuxes...Making sure the guys are wearing pants

Hey Ladies!
     I've recently started looking for a tux or suit for the groomsmen to wear. We need 5 of them not including Hubbs (he's wearing his dress blues) but I'm a little put off by the prices I've been seeing.
    I've gone into Men's Warehouse and the only "Chocolate brown" tux they had was about $150.00 to rent. To me that seems a little steep, especially since it's just renting the tux not buying or anything.
    I'm not picky about style of the suite or tux, I would really like to see them in a dark brown (our wedding's in October, and the ladies will all be in jewel tones).
   Any help would be appreciated, or maybe even a reality check that it's going to be pricier for they guys to rent a suite or tux then I originally thought.
   Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Renting Suits/Tuxes...Making sure the guys are wearing pants

• KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out Carl Anthony Tuxedo in Cranston? They have this brown tux. 

Also, Channel 10's "Unreal Deals" (kind of like Groupon) segment featured them where you could get a $50 gift certificate for $25. Go to www.unrealdeal.tv and it's on the bottom of Page 2.

Might be worth checking them out if you can save $25 per rental.

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up purchasing the suits for the men at Macy's because the rental fee for the dark blue suits we wanted were $185 at J.o.s bank and slightly more at Men's Warehouse. We spent the same amount of money for what we would have paid if we rented them. Macy's had so many sales and extra discounts plus using the Macy's card on top of it that the $500 Alfani suit (jacket and pants) was $189 per person. We knew the guys would put milage on them too. Macy's does have brown suits available so that is an option.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I mentioned this in a PSa but if you go the route of buying, I know that Macy's has tan and blue suits available in North Attleboro buy one (prices were $300+) get TWO free.
    Might be an option to check a few Macy's to see what they have.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
     Thanks ladies, I ended up going to Carl Anthony in Cranston. Got a VERY reasonable price, and everyone in there was SUPER helpfull!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards