Oklahoma

scared my dress wont be able to be altered

I bought my dream wedding dress right after my fiance proposed knowing I wanted to lose weight I asked the lady when I bought the dress from davids bridal if i needed to order a smaller size or anything because I planned on losing weight, she told me id be fine.

I have my alterations appointment with them in July and I have lost over 20 lbs. I bought the dress in a size 12 and its not to much bigger on top almost pretty perfect but my lower body is wear all my weight was lost and i am afraid it will be more than 2 dress sizes to be altered and I wont have a dress to wear. Does anyone suggest any other alteration companies besides davids bridal or think I will be okay? My worst fear is not being able to wear the dress because it cant be altered down and then I have no dress for my wedding day.

Thank you!

Re: scared my dress wont be able to be altered

• <div>Try Vo's tailor shop in tulsa- he has done pageant dresses and such a local bridal store in town told me to go there when they told me they may not be able to do my dress. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_scared-my-dress-wont-be-able-to-be-altered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:36763cbf-0baa-48d7-b471-1575b8f9a906Post:cf8f518b-d724-4ae2-9dc8-e0d4d251684a">scared my dress wont be able to be altered</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dream wedding dress right after my fiance proposed knowing I wanted to lose weight I asked the lady when I bought the dress from davids bridal if i needed to order a smaller size or anything because I planned on losing weight, she told me id be fine. I have my alterations appointment with them in July and I have lost over 20 lbs. I bought the dress in a size 12 and its not to much bigger on top almost pretty perfect but my lower body is wear all my weight was lost and i am afraid it will be more than 2 dress sizes to be altered and I wont have a dress to wear. Does anyone suggest any other alteration companies besides davids bridal or think I will be okay? My worst fear is not being able to wear the dress because it cant be altered down and then I have no dress for my wedding day. Thank you!
    Posted by amarcik[/QUOTE]
  • If you  don't want to go to Tulsa ( I see it says you are in OKC) there is an alterations lady named Tazeen in Norman is wonderful and inexpensive.  Google Tazeen's Alterations and it should pop up!
  • amarcikamarcik member
    First Comment
    Thank you everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards