Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Izzazu Salon, Ciel Cosmetics, Allison Roth, Lisa Johnson, Joy Lager, Julie Marckisotto

Would love reviews on any of these --- really having trouble deciding on a makeup artist for my Jan. 2014 wedding and I would like to book soon! Not really sure how to go about making a decision without actually doing a bunch of trials!

Re: Izzazu Salon, Ciel Cosmetics, Allison Roth, Lisa Johnson, Joy Lager, Julie Marckisotto

• my sister used ciel cosmetics -claire...shes super sweet... im going to use her for mywedding too,  I have nothing but nice things to say about her.. wow i was getting my makeup done for my sisters wedding my fiance was there ( helping the vendors, getting last minute things ready ect) and he watched me get my makeup done. the whole time he was like... wowo... wow ... you look amazing.. you look so greeat... i cant believe thats you... it was really funny... she can really transform you into something great... but thats just my 2 cents...  i would def. start booking these though... its amazing how fast they book!!
    GL

- christine
  • There are tons of reviews on these if you do a search on the board.

I'm using Joy Lager- I did my trial with her and she listened very well to what I envisioned. The airbrush stayed on really well and I'm definitely glad I'm using her for my wedding day. I told her that I wanted a little less blush and more of a nude lip for the big day, based on what she did for the trial, and she was very receptive.

Julie Marckisotto- Was not very happy with her after speaking with her. Her company is "Pittsburgh Makeup" but she lives very far from the city, and from the airport where I am getting ready. I understand requiring a minimum amount of people for makeup services if you are driving far, and if it is a busy time of the year, but I had 3 people including myself wanting makeup for a March (off-season) wedding, and she gave me this whole line about it being a long drive and she would have to get a baby sitter and it wouldn't be worth it for her- basically tried to talk me out of hiring her. That being said, I can't speak on her makeup abilities, just thought she was unprofessional and wouldn't have hired her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having trouble searching, not sure what is going on!!! But thank you both for your input, much appreciated. 
  • amandamariekoamandamarieko member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

I know you were only asking for reviews of selected vendors but you should also look at Justin Lynn Beauty Justified and Valarie Panei.  I had my engagement photo makeup done by Justine and have received so many compliments on the photos.  She is very nice and also does hair!  She was unfortunately unavailable for my wedding so I went about finding another makeup artist and I found Valarie Panei.  www.ValariePanei.com. I have my trial run with her next week.  I know some of the brides in her portfolio and her work looks amazing.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards